A new journey into homesteading "pic heavy"

Chic Rustler

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
I hope he doesnt make a habbit of it

Mini Horses

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Oh wow! That's fantastic! He must've been on a hunt for something...critters or girls, lol!

Yeah -- I'm was thinking girls! Probably some pups coming about Christmas! You are lucky he got back safe, IMO. I'd have been searching everywhere for him! He's a lovely dog.

So -- back into the rabbits, nice! Plenty of chicks doing very well, nice! Dog back home, nice! Veggies canned, nice!

Re-read that when you have one of those "down" times. Looks like a lot of things are going very well. Congrats.

You can help him want to stay home -- snip, snip. :hide

Chic Rustler

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Must be a chic. He cleaned out both food bowls and hes gone again. :gig

We might have to get him fixed

baymule

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Yeah, it sounds like it is time to take his mind off his testicles. It is too risky to let him roam, whether you want him to or not. I am glad he came back home, do you have a fence that will keep him in? Might have to hot wire it.

We finally had Paris spayed. We hot wired the back yard to keep her hussy self in and Trip out. But they snuck one in on me, I saw him mount her, didn't know if she had already took or not, to the vet the next morning she went. If he goes to roaming OUT, the nuts will GO!

sumi

Rest in Peace 1980-2020
Reaction score
So glad to hear he came back! :) I agree with the above, it may be time to take him to the vet. He's a lovely dog, but if you're not planning to breed with him, let it be done.

wyoDreamer

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
I had a dog disappear for about 9 days, 2 days before his vet appointment. :th He was a smart dog but I didn't know he could read the calendar. :lol:

When he got back he was fatter than when he left and he looked fairly clean. Someone was taking care of him. There were so many small farms in the area, there was no way to know which way he went when he disappeared. I think he went north over the county line because no-one responded to the lost dog fliers I put out in the small town I lived near.

@Chic Rustler What is your favorite way to eat rabbit. I am trying to talk DH into rabbits but he says he doesn't like rabbit ... I know he has never had rabbit.
I grew up eating venison, rabbit, squirrel, ruffed grouse, and panfish; well, the usual beef, pork and haddock from the store.