A simple request

Boogity

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
I realize that this is way off topic . . . would everyone please take just three minutes to go to your profile and put your city, state, country in the information. Not only is it frustrating to figure out where folks are from (growing zones, hot or cold areas, wet or dry areas, metropolitan or rural areas, etc.) but it's also very entertaining and enjoyable to share with folks from areas far from our own homes. Thanks.

I selected this "everything else" forum because it has the highest views count to try to contact as many people as possible.

FarmerJamie

Mr. Sensitive
Reaction score
Forum Rules reminder:
http://www.sufficientself.com/forum/misc.php?action=rules

8. Do not post overly personal information like your phone number, address, age (especially if you are a minor) or any other personal info you don't want the whole world to see.

It's going to be a personal choice, don't be disappointed if you don't get an overwhelming response.

Florezian

Enjoys Recycling
Reaction score
I will.. Once I figure out how. :p

In this era of technology, I no longer consider my state and country personal. Heck, I don't even consider my address personal. There is even a facebook/blackberry app that lets you check in at various places. One of my friends "checked in" at my house. Now everyone on her facebook knows exactly where I live. :(

But, If someone wants to know what town I am in all they have to do is google my name. I've been in the paper for various things.. and that all pops up. I'd be much more worried about the local people here, than people in other states/ countries.

Henrietta23

Yard Farmer
Reaction score
Florezian said:
I will.. Once I figure out how. :p

In this era of technology, I no longer consider my state and country personal. Heck, I don't even consider my address personal. There is even a facebook/blackberry app that lets you check in at various places. One of my friends "checked in" at my house. Now everyone on her facebook knows exactly where I live. :(

But, If someone wants to know what town I am in all they have to do is google my name. I've been in the paper for various things.. and that all pops up. I'd be much more worried about the local people here, than people in other states/ countries.
I have a friend who does that whenever she goes somewhere. Totally over my head. CT's small enough that "Eastern" should give you a fairly good idea of where I'm at. Zone 5b is what I have listed on TEG.

Wannabefree

Little Miss Sunshine
Reaction score
I am on my couch in front of my computer wondering what all the fuss is about ;)

FarmerChick

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
I put my state
that is enough, no one needs to read my town or anything else, but heck I typed it enough times lol

Dirk Chesterfield

Power Conserver
Reaction score
I'd prefer not to list my town but I did put my USDA Zone in my location along with my current state.