A title!! I got my very own title!! Woo hoo!! LOL

roosmom

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
MorelCabin said:
Lucky you, I'n still just a member..and I'm supposed to be GOIN2STARVE or something like that:>) Maybe they'll come up with a better one for me like SHUTYURMOUTH :lol:!
ROTFL :yuckyuck

reinbeau

Moderator Extraordinaire
Reaction score
What we need are titles ala BYC. Pat herself suggested her title, I couldn't resist! But we really do need to put on our thinking caps and come up with a few titles we can use isntead of Member.

patandchickens

Crazy Cat Lady
Reaction score
Well, thank you for not resisting, Ann, I like it :D

I agree we need titles - a couple different schemes have been discussed, but how do you actually want to DO it? Now that canning and gardening have slowed down maybe we could actually settle on something :)

Pat

cjparker

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Hmmm, would something related to the tools of self-sufficiency be workable? For example, a person with 1-15 posts could get a "pencil" symbol as they are beginning to pencil in self-sufficiency. A person with 16-49 posts gets a "thinking cap" as they are thinking about the benefits of self-sufficiency. 50-100 posts gets a "hammer" as they have hammered out a better way of live through self-sufficiency........

I hope I am making sense. I've only had one cuppa, and it takes two before I am fully up to speed.

I don't know where "Crazy Cat Lady" would fit into this scheme, but I certainly can relate to the name! We have a dozen indoor cats. Through freecycle and craigslist, we have recently acquired the materials to build a cattery outside the back door. Now we just have to get off our fannies and build it.

unclejoe

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Beekissed had a great idea. Have a list of titles and rate yourself as to where you think you stand on the SS scale. Start somewhere down around "City Slicker" and work your way up to Daniel Boone or Davey Crockett or something of that nature

Quail_Antwerp

Cold is on the Right, Hot is on The Left
Reaction score
unclejoe said:
Beekissed had a great idea. Have a list of titles and rate yourself as to where you think you stand on the SS scale. Start somewhere down around "City Slicker" and work your way up to Daniel Boone or Davey Crockett or something of that nature
Ohhh I like that too! I think we could fit Hobby Farmer in there, too, because that's about where we are at. Everything for us started out as a Hobby, with the goal to farm it, so we are Hobby Farmers here. :)

dacjohns

Our Frustrated Curmudgeon
Reaction score
Pilgrim--got that from John Wayne

Tenderfoot--

Sourdough--Old time Alaskan

FarmerChick

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Greenhorn ---from Jeremiah Johnson
loved that movie!
:)

pioneergirl

Wannabe Pioneer
Reaction score
I like FarmerChick's and Unclejoe's ideas!! Although I'm not sure what I would be...hhhmmmm

Latest posts