AARRGGHHH!!!

Quail_Antwerp

Cold is on the Right, Hot is on The Left
Reaction score
Ok so I had my heart set on having steam cooked chicken breast, steamed cooked asparagus spears, steamed carrots, and rice.

MY STEAMER TOOK A PERMANENT VACATION! :barnie

The stupid thing wasn't even a year old yet. It was my Christmas gift from DH last year, and so far I had only used it twice!

So now my chicken is in the oven and I am doing rice on the stove and trying to decide how I am going to fix the asparagus since it is fresh...sigh...

the simple life

Yard Farmer
Reaction score
Why don't you just drizzle it with olive oil and some salt, course salt or sea salt if you have it and broil it for a couple of minutes.
I also wrap it with prociutto and cheese and grill it that way too.

If you really just want to steam it, put it in a casserole dish with a cover and microwave it. If you don't have a dish that is big enough then you can break it up first.

Quail_Antwerp

Reaction score
the simple life said:
Why don't you just drizzle it with olive oil and some salt, course salt or sea salt if you have it and broil it for a couple of minutes.
That sounds delicious! Thank you! I will let you know how it turns out :p I'm drooling now!

FarmerChick

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
don't ya hate when gadgets die too fast!
didn't get your money's worth and have to cook different when you had dinner all planned!.....I hear ya!

Quail_Antwerp

Reaction score
Weeeeellll.....:rolleyes:

Don't know what he did, but DH just came in the door and fixed it....lol....a little too late tho because I already started dinner the other way, and have the asparagus spears all ready to broil!

roosmom

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Hey QA, do you have a wok with a lid?
To keep in mind in case this happens again and you are stuck or if you want to use this as a back up. If you have a wok with a lid and those bamboo steamers that stack, you could make dinner that way. Yum!

Quail_Antwerp

Reaction score
Um, nope no wok, with or without a lid :lol: but thanks for the info! I will tuck that away incase I get a wok!

Never had broiled asparagus before! It was delicious! SOOOO delicious that my DH who HATES asparagus tried one spear......................and went back for more! :ep He loved it!

the simple life

Yard Farmer
Reaction score
Hey thats great, I am glad you liked it this way. I love asparagus and its such a simple way of preparing it but it really enhances the flavor.
I am glad your husband was able to fix your steamer, but not before you got to try something new ;)

Latest posts