AARRGGHHH!!!

Henrietta23

Yard Farmer
Reaction score
Quail_Antwerp said:
Um, nope no wok, with or without a lid :lol: but thanks for the info! I will tuck that away incase I get a wok!

Never had broiled asparagus before! It was delicious! SOOOO delicious that my DH who HATES asparagus tried one spear......................and went back for more! :ep He loved it!
Yikes, are we married to the same guy???
Mine hates it too. I'll have to try it broiled. ROFL

Wildsky

Femivore
Reaction score
Gosh I'd be MAD if my steamer quit. what brand do you have?

I have had my steamer for going on 11 years (wedding present)
Mine is an Oster.

Dace

Revolution in Progress
Reaction score
Sorry to hear about the glitch in your dinner plans...I love roasted or broiled asparagus! Yum :)

Quail_Antwerp

Cold is on the Right, Hot is on The Left
Reaction score
Wildsky said:
Gosh I'd be MAD if my steamer quit. what brand do you have?

I have had my steamer for going on 11 years (wedding present)
Mine is an Oster.
It's a Rival steamer. Apparantly, not the best their is lol

user251

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
next time you want that meal do the ole po'boy pouch you know put it all in an aluminum foil pouch a little butter salt and pepper makes an easy to prepare and clean meal. i did it with fish carrots and taters tonight at the fire station. GOOD EATS!!

PotterWatch

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
I always broil my asparagus in the oven. I put them in a plastic bag with some olive oil and shake it around to coat, then lay them out on a single layer on a cookie sheet, and sprinkle some kosher salt and freshly ground pepper. Put it in the oven until it seems done, lol. Soooo good!

miss_thenorth

Frugal Homesteader
Reaction score
I know you alreaddy cooked you asparagus, but I like mine done in a saute pan with a little water, butter, garlic ,salt and pepper. Put a lid on for five minutes, then take off until most of he water has evaporated. Then I stir in shrimp, and serve over seasoned rice. YUMMM!!!! the shrimp I use is just those cheap liltte rings you buy around the holidays--I just take heir tails off.

I prefer this to broiled. Another way is like firem suggested-- in foil packs but on the barbecue. Put fish, potatoes, asparagus and whatever in the foil packs and barbecue. Ok, now I'm getting ideas for suppers next week.

Quail_Antwerp

Cold is on the Right, Hot is on The Left
Reaction score
Wow ya'll are just giving me all kinds of great ideas!

Latest posts