After all this time, do you see a difference?

noobiechickenlady

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Apple Cider Vinegar, ducks.
I'm in my first experience with raising animals, other than dogs & cats. I have started feeding my cats about a teaspoon of DE in their food and putting about the same of ACV in their water. Their coats are sleeker, and they've put on some muscle definition. Plus I haven't noticed any sneezing or my son picking off any eye boogeys. He's the only one they will sit still for tick removal or ear & eye cleaning. They almost always have eye boogies, so this is a good sign.

lorihadams

Always doing laundry
Reaction score
I have started using DE and ACV and feed my chickens lots of table scraps and BOSS. I pick greens daily for the rabbits and baby ducklings and chicks and my latest chicks have been free ranging since 4 weeks old. I barely feed my free ranging chickens any commercial feed and the rabbits I only have to feed pellets every other day. I fill the chicken's bucket about 1/2 way and it lasts at least 1-2 weeks. I plan on trying all this with the ducks too as soon as it's reasonable to let them free range (they're only 1 week old).

As far as my family goes, we have started making all our own bread, have stopped buying pre-packaged crap and make most of our own, and have switched to organic milk and other products as money allows. I think we all feel better and the kids, at least, seem to have a lot more energy!!! I have fibromyalgia and I feel better since we have incorporated more healthy eating into our lifestyle.

I think that the biggest thing for me has been finding a source for friendship, comfort, and wisdom in finding this site!!! :hugs

big brown horse

Hoof In Mouth
Reaction score
Noobie, you put DE in your dog's and cat's food? Is it for worms? I use it for my horses for worms (I also use other stuff too) and to control flys on their poo.

noobiechickenlady

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
On my cats' food yes, for worms & other intestinal parasites. I use food grade DE and mix it into the dry food. Some of it falls to the bottom, but they eat most of it trying to get those last few crumbs.

Beekissed

Mountain Sage
Reaction score
Lori, that is great feedback! It's worth it all when we see results like that....especially about you feeling better. :)