Aidenbaby's Anti-Suburban Sprawl

Aidenbaby

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
I learned something that may help my bread issue and that is that many people use wheat gluten to help the elasticity in whole wheat breads. I have almost a whole bag of the stuff. I'm going to tinker around with it and see what happens.

punkin

Don't Quote Me
Reaction score
I use it in mine. I think you add or sub 1/4 cup gluten for every cup of flower. Check your packaging, cause I can't remember for sure.

Aidenbaby

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
The package itself doesn't say but the recipes posted on its website seem to exchange a tablespoon or two per cup of flour depending on how much gluten is in the various flours. The website also said that this is how a lot of commercial bakers get such lovely light breads.

Aidenbaby

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
I restarted with FlyLady. I needed to change email addresses anyway so it all worked itself out. I restarted on Day 6 of the beginner babysteps because I've been keeping my sink shined and have been dressed to shoes everyday anyway. Today's mission is to work for 2 minutes on hot spots. I already have one Hot Spots in mind and it is sitting in front of me right now! Yes, astonishingly (please read with sarcasm), my computer desk is a magnet for anything and everything. At the moment it has two cups, a plate, a spoon, one clean and folded washcloth, 2 clean and folded burp cloths/dishtowels, one clean and folded bib, two books (one on preserving and "The Backyard Homestead"), one rotary grater, spray on hair conditioner and trash. Oh, I forgot to mention the drill. Can you tell where I spend too much time? I'll be cleaning that up this morning.

In other news, I've gained back the 5 pounds I had lost. Not good. Hi. My name is Kelle and I am a carboholic. I will happily take any advice from anyone that has successfully broken this addiction. I currently weigh 175 and should weigh closer to 140. My favorite foods are ice cream and bread products. My heaviest was 195 when I was pregnant with my daughter. I don't exercise.

I forgot to say that my babies (chicks) are starting to act more and more like big girls. Half of them are clucking.

Aidenbaby

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
I would like to say I know where my copy was but I can't. I THINK it is out in the garage in one of my boxes of books. Either way, the binding on it wasn't too well the last time I saw it.

sweetcorn

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Flylady website is interesting but I can't get on board with shoes thing :p I only wear shoes where they are required by law !!

Dace

Revolution in Progress
Reaction score
I did Flylady for a long time and it really helped...maybe it is time for me to rethink it!

The biggest help for me was to create a binder with a list of chores to be done each day of the week. I have a way of not noticing things are dirty until they are really dirty...like toilets :( preventative cleaning meant that my house was ready for company all the time and I loved that peace of mind. I had my binder split up into morning and afternoon....afternoon included dinner prep, snipping some flowers out of the yard and lighting candles just before Dh got home. Life felt smoother and DH definitely enjoyed it! My kids even had daily missions.