Alaskan's Life

The Porch

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
You al
Well... keep praying for poor spouse... things going pretty well, but spouse is not allowed to bend over for a week.. the second eye is healing a bit funky.
l take it easy!

Medicine Woman

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
I can’t deal with driving in icy or snowy conditions. I am from the land of eternal summer. I would literally have to stick myself in a cabin and hunker down until all ice was gone. Don’t know how y’all manage. I will stay here and take my chances with Hurricanes and alligators. Maybe the 6 vehicles in the snow were traveling Cajuns, checking out Alaska.

Alaskan

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Well.... spouse now needs to add another eyedrop... one to help reduce eye pressure.

BUT, they said it is looking good... check up again on Thursday, for us both.

So, please keep praying... but it looks like it should all be fine.

God is always good, but right now this row is easy to hoe! And I am grateful! Over a week and only an inch of snow.

Kid 3 found a used truck to buy, right here in town, and it came with good winter tires. Poor child has now spent soooo much money... (to buy his first used truck, which he wrecked, and now this second one), I am a little worried he will not be able to put the maximum in his retirement account this year.... but he sure is a good man-child. I am thrilled he wasn't hurt... and hopefully he will now be more careful.

All 5 boys are home...

It was such a great joy this past weekend, with everyone in the family participating in the service! Kid 1 is sub-deacon, kid 2 and 4 and spouse all help me sing, kid 3 rings bells, kid 5 is altar server.

Sure is a great time of life. Might be the last Christmas that we are together... my boys are growing up!