Alaskan's Life

The Porch

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Well.... spouse now needs to add another eyedrop... one to help reduce eye pressure.

BUT, they said it is looking good... check up again on Thursday, for us both.

So, please keep praying... but it looks like it should all be fine.

God is always good, but right now this row is easy to hoe! And I am grateful! Over a week and only an inch of snow.

Kid 3 found a used truck to buy, right here in town, and it came with good winter tires. Poor child has now spent soooo much money... (to buy his first used truck, which he wrecked, and now this second one), I am a little worried he will not be able to put the maximum in his retirement account this year.... but he sure is a good man-child. I am thrilled he wasn't hurt... and hopefully he will now be more careful.

All 5 boys are home...

It was such a great joy this past weekend, with everyone in the family participating in the service! Kid 1 is sub-deacon, kid 2 and 4 and spouse all help me sing, kid 3 rings bells, kid 5 is altar server.

Sure is a great time of life. Might be the last Christmas that we are together... my boys are growing up!
My heart is smiling as I read All boys,, Home, 🥲 I am so happy for you and your wife. No greater joy on earth.
There will be a day when our Lord says, All children , Home. 🎼What a day of🎶 rejoicing that will be🎶

Mini Horses

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Glad the eyes are healing well. You will be so thrilled with sight!!!🤗. Yep, about 6 weeks out before glasses to finish your venture. Thats how my mom's went.

I had my annual vision check, slight change for new glasses....of course! $$$. I've had a tiny start for a cataract in one eye for a looong time. Seems to be stagnant growth as the Dr said maybe 5 yrs out to be a concern. That's what they said almost 5 yrs ago. ;) I'm taking that as a sign it's "on hold" for development. Great news!

Alaskan

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Glad the eyes are healing well. You will be so thrilled with sight!!!🤗. Yep, about 6 weeks out before glasses to finish your venture. Thats how my mom's went.

I had my annual vision check, slight change for new glasses....of course! $$$. I've had a tiny start for a cataract in one eye for a looong time. Seems to be stagnant growth as the Dr said maybe 5 yrs out to be a concern. That's what they said almost 5 yrs ago. ;) I'm taking that as a sign it's "on hold" for development. Great news!
I don't know..... look to see how much your insurance covers....

Shiny new lenses are NICE!

tortoise

Wild Hare
Reaction score
I can’t deal with driving in icy or snowy conditions. I am from the land of eternal summer. I would literally have to stick myself in a cabin and hunker down until all ice was gone. Don’t know how y’all manage.
I pretty much hunker down and stay inside until roads are in good driving condition. My township is really good about winter maintenance. Sometimes they are slow to get going in the morning, but that's not been a problem for me.

Medicine Woman

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
On the rare occasions when we have a hard freeze we mostly all have to drain our radiator unless we know for a fact we have plenty enough antifreeze and we mostly have to have a lot of water picked up inside for whatever we need because we have to shut off the water and drain all the lines....pick up all delicate plants, figure out what to do with animals, wrap fruit trees at least to a foot above the graft and possibly drape the whole thing. Skirt the house...it’s a mess. We can’t go very far if we have to get out because we have many bridges to cross and obviously they can’t be crossed unless we have tires that none of us have.
One of my coworkers shared a picture of deep snow in front of a cottage and a man knee deep walking in a path to another house and said that was all she wanted for Christmas. Hmmm. I would be in a damn nice mess. First off, I don’t know if I can keep my current home as warm as I used to keep my house before the storm. Then I can kiss my orange grove goodbye and it did provide me with a little chunk of my yearly income. No.... I say we should all bloom where we planted. If I was planted in a cold environment I would have adapted to it.

Alaskan

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Well!!

We both had eye check-ups yesterday, and we are both doing great!

Spouse is now off of restrictions (so is allowed to bend over and lift stuff).

No infections, healing nicely, Spouse is about 20/30!!!!!! And I am almost 20/20!!!

We are both over the moon thrilled!

flowerbug

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Well!!

We both had eye check-ups yesterday, and we are both doing great!

Spouse is now off of restrictions (so is allowed to bend over and lift stuff).

No infections, healing nicely, Spouse is about 20/30!!!!!! And I am almost 20/20!!!

We are both over the moon thrilled!

i am glad you are healing up nicely and recovered. :) i wish i could get Mom to have her eyes fixed as she does have some cataracts and eventually they may want to restrict her driving license so that may be the impetus... as the pun goes - we'll see... :)