Alaskan's Life

Marie2020

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Yes, my eyes are still great!

My hearing is starting to go... :lol:

I really liked starting off with a small local mushroom book. The really fat, filled with everything guides can be overwhelming.

I also found a local mushrooming lecture/how to class incredably helpful.
Thanks for your reply 👍 🙂

I've been attempting to grow the shiitake mushrooms on an oak log for over 12 months and the plugs are still minute. I wondered if using coffee on this log would help a little 🤔

Alaskan

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Well, some more photos for ya.

Sunrise at 10:17am
20230107_101739.jpg

Right before, noon on January 6th.. so close to the highest point the sun will reach.
20230106_114450.jpg

20230105_163010.jpg

Alaskan

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Love the sunrise one 🥰

Are you guys on the "almost always night" phase now? I can't remember 🤷

And, a lot less postings from you. :old are ya sleeping or just wound down with most of the kids gone????? We miss you. 😊
I dunno.... just feel like... what should i post about??

I am down to very few animals, just some chickens.. ...

Make me feel very city-esque...

What am I going to post about? Same view... lots of snow... blah...

I now just do church and paperwork.

Right now I am procrastinating ... I HATE starting the Tax season, and some of the church tax needs to be done by Monday.

So... due to procrastinating I have caught up on some of my ancestry research! Ha!

flowerbug

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
:lol:

I am not acclimated!!!

send me $9.99 and i will send you this magical thing called a space blanket and if you act now...

:) i'm not really acclimated now as much as i used to be nor do i much care to try at the moment to get it back. cold, brr!, my feet were colder earlier. now they're back to being warm again. :)

And yep... 4-ish more months!

about the same here. time goes by so quick now though that it's like a blink sometimes...

Alaskan

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
:epyou need something to be doing/tending....

At least keep the pics coming -- then we know you're still alive :lol:. Soon there will be moose and birds to photo. Maybe you will grow a garden, or a couple potted plants this spring. 😁
Ah... I do always do some gardening...

And I have pot plants.

I had a horrid some kind of bug infestation this past summer... that is what I get, buying a few things from a green house instead of only growing from seed.

My jade plant still looks sad.

But my thyme plant is looking good. The dwarf mulberry is looking good again. Yes... i am trying to grow indoor mulberries!

Last edited:

Latest posts