Alice, My Very Special Pet

waretrop

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Animals just don't connect the two ends.....LOL

waretrop

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
This is the greenhouse on the patio.. It is covered with plastic now but next summer it will have glass in it.
alice house2.jpg

alice house4.jpg

Here is a pic of the outside of the greenhouse last summer.
alices greenhouse.jpg

She also plays with bowling balls. She rears up and throws them about 3 feet in front of her. It is amazing.
i-kkmc4vg-XL.jpg

MoonShadows

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
What an unusual pet. I am surprised she likes the snow. Nice pics.

lcertuche

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
I love her. As a kid we had what people around here call a box turtle. We would keep him in the house all summer taking him out every day. We turned him loose in the fall. He would come out every spring. He always stretched out his neck to have it rubbed. Such a great little critter. He had a hole drilled in the edge of his shell and some paint on his back (shell) when we first found her. He must have been someones pet at some time. We always fed him strawberries, lettuce, tomatoes, etc. from the garden. I would love for my kids to have one.

sumi

Rest in Peace 1980-2020
Reaction score
I love the snow pics :love Thank you for sharing this! I used to see loads of tortoises in South Africa, but none here and I miss them… They are such great animals.

MoonShadows

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Fantastic pet. I have to see her some day in person. You must go through a ton of wee wee pads.