All American Pressure Canner It arrived today!!!!!

PunkinPeep

Humble Ambitions
Reaction score
I'm finally about to buy my pressure canner.

I'm looking online for the best price when i find that the newest ones have a new look!

http://www.btinet.net/~sharoncol/16217c.jpg

Does anyone have this new-looking one?

I'm just suddenly nervous since this new one looks different. I was banking on All American's long history of amazing product, and now that there's a new model, i'm sort of scared.

Maybe it's just the handle and some shinier metal.

Can someone comfort me?

Do you think the parts are interchangeable? Like handles and whatnot?

Mackay

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
I have an American canner. Its a beauty and quite heavy duty. I bought it last year while I still had a job as I feared after quiting I may feel that I can't afford it.... and of course I selected it based on the opinions from folks here on this forum!

I haven't used it yet but from all I've read and heard, and after all the canners I looked at I still feel its the way to go for pressure canning. When I took it out of the box I was so impressed. This thing will last into the next century and more.

hoosier

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
It looks like it is just the handle. I am sure it is cheaper to make, but I wouldn't think they would seriously compromise quality. I would try to find the shipping weight of the old model and compare it with the new one. That way you can tell if it is a lighter gauge.

Farmfresh

City Biddy
Reaction score
I am sure it is just the handle.

You can't go wrong with an All American canner in my opinion!

I LOVE LOVE LOVE mine.

PunkinPeep

Humble Ambitions
Reaction score
It came today.

It's so shiny and heavy and gigantic and scientific looking.

I feel like i should be able to invent something awesome in that thing!

Wildsky

Femivore
Reaction score
:weee :ya
thats so exciting, I'm still terrified to try canning, I have an OLD canner my mother in law gave me, the thing scares the poop outta me! :gig

PunkinPeep

Humble Ambitions
Reaction score
Wildsky said:
:weee :ya
thats so exciting, I'm still terrified to try canning, I have an OLD canner my mother in law gave me, the thing scares the poop outta me! :gig
I know. I'm still kind of staring at it on the counter, trying to screw up the courage to confront the beast. And since i talked my husband into paying $179 for a canner, i dang well better. :D

Mackay

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Its a beauty in a kinda scary way.when I look at it I always think of frankenstien and the equipment it took to make him..