All I want for Christmas is ....

AL

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
I already posted.... but I need to add to my "dream" list a dairy goat. *sigh*

justusnak

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Cattle pannels....and T post! Thats all I really want..but, I know I will get some smelly hand lotions, soaps, all from high priced stores... :/ Santa?? Are you listening?? I want CATTLE PANNELS!!!:p

Beekissed

Mountain Sage
Reaction score
Oh, Debbie....I wish we lived closer...for the one thousandth time! I would give you all my cattle panels and T posts. I'm really going to get out of the sheep keeping this spring and I will be unloading about 15-16 cattle panels and lots of T posts. Wish I could just give them to you!

So..the rule is we have to wish for something SS? I guess I would wish for a place to rent that would have the same water quality, a big orchard like the one I currently have but with about 40 acres, half in pasture, half in woodland. With a few ponds!

Close to my work but still back from the road, with no near neighbors, preferrably secluded.

Yep...that would about do it! :)

Henrietta23

Yard Farmer
Reaction score
A barn full of hay for this winter. And a pasture for spring. And 5 acres so I can have more goats and a llama and alpaca or two...

justusnak

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Beekissed said:
Oh, Debbie....I wish we lived closer...for the one thousandth time! I would give you all my cattle panels and T posts. I'm really going to get out of the sheep keeping this spring and I will be unloading about 15-16 cattle panels and lots of T posts. Wish I could just give them to you!

So..the rule is we have to wish for something SS? I guess I would wish for a place to rent that would have the same water quality, a big orchard like the one I currently have but with about 40 acres, half in pasture, half in woodland. With a few ponds!

Close to my work but still back from the road, with no near neighbors, preferrably secluded.

Yep...that would about do it! :)
Oh, I wish we lived closer too! I would BUY them from you! That would do about HALF of my wooded area...and I could turn the goats out in there to clean it up a bit. :) I will get some...one day..even if I have to go buy them 2 at a time. And thanks for being such a good friend. :hugs

Beekissed

Mountain Sage
Reaction score
You know....SE IA isn't that far away...... :p And I would GIVE them to you....what in the world would I need money for? I would give them to you if you would also take Black Betty and love her for me. That will be the hardest part of getting rid of my sheep....I really, really like that sheep and would love to see her go to a good home. :(

Darn it! Wish I had a stock trailer and a big truck...I'd make a road trip this spring and bring you fencing and a big ol' black sheep and her friend, Little Red...her RIR companion.

ORChick

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Hey, the animal rescue people do it all the time, why can't a transport be arranged for Bee's panels, and sheep, and RIR? Well, OK, maybe cattle panels need a bit more room than a cat carrier, but still ... Of course, its easy for me to talk - Oregon is not on the way between Bee and Justus - :lol:

Up-the-Creek

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
The one SS thing I would like to have for christmas is fresh eggs. I want my hens to get in those nests and start laying eggs again! I cannot bear buying more store bought eggs! :hide :lol:

country freedom

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
My youngest son (now 17 yrs old) started earlier this year to get me what I truely want.
Easter - Pellet Gun
Mother's Day - Small Hatchet Axe
Christmas - He's asked me about this - he's looking into getting me a inexpensive set of bow/arrows. I'ma gonna try and get him to go with me to Bass Pro Shop on Black Friday morning to get a set.

His first two gifts above were truely - surprizes. He made me cry-I loved them that much! My youngest son finally got into his brain, what his older siblings never understood.

I used to get pretty jewelry from him, but I don't like metal - I won't wear it.
My jewelry, he's gotten - I wear - necklaces/bracelets of shells, natural stones, tiny colored glass beads.

My Christmas List:
I wanna MOVE now! Living in Public Housing sucks big-time!
Water Bath Canner
Candle making supplies
Camping/SS supplies - Outdoor necessities
SS/Camping books
Wood Cookstove Cookbooks/Campfire Cookbooks
Breeding better livestock books - I want/need hardy livestock, after we move.

I am the kind of person who doesn't like surprizes - you'd have to actually be with me if I came across anything I want/need, and you'd know by my reaction wether I'd like it or not.
That's how my youngest son knew about the first two - he waited until I'd forgotten. HAHAHAHA

Farmfresh

City Biddy
Reaction score
country freedom said:
My youngest son (now 17 yrs old) started earlier this year to get me what I truely want.
Easter - Pellet Gun
Mother's Day - Small Hatchet Axe
Christmas - He's asked me about this - he's looking into getting me a inexpensive set of bow/arrows. I'ma gonna try and get him to go with me to Bass Pro Shop on Black Friday morning to get a set.

His first two gifts above were truely - surprizes. He made me cry-I loved them that much! My youngest son finally got into his brain, what his older siblings never understood.
How WONDERFUL to be so well understood! AND LOVED!! :love

This is what people forgot about Christmas.

It is not the dollar amounts the gift cost.

It is not the "prestige" the give will bring.

A good Christmas gift is the one that proves to you someone REALLY TRULY understands you and your wants and needs!

My family hit the target last year, buy giving me a rolling garden seat so that I could continue to garden with my arthritis. :love

Latest posts