All in a Days Work

Okiepan

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
So what has your day consisted of ??
I am in the process of milling my oat harvest ( De hulling them then I will either flake or mill into steel cut or flour )
Lotta work when you do it all with hand equipment.
So what are you doing today ?

tortoise

Wild Hare
Reaction score
This morning I re-edited a textbook chapter I wrote.

Mid-day I bought a ridiculous amount of junk food for DS14. :D

DH cut up a deer and went back out hunting. I'll be wrapping and freezing the rest of the afternoon.

I hope to work on 4-H documents this evening. They need to be done before a board meeting early next week.

Trying2keepitReal

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Splitting and stacking wood, two trailers full, hauled from our wooded property to home. Made brine for a turkey and just put it in to smoke tomorrow. Hung out with the chickens, went for a walk and listened to DD7 in the evergreens talking to the fairies.

Attachments

• 20211127_125010.jpg
    20211127_125010.jpg
    393.7 KB · Views: 151

flowerbug

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
i hoped to do something productive today. i looked out the window at the snow coming down. i had brunch. took a nap. got up and worked on a project Mom wanted me to do for her and in the process found out that my printer was not working so i moved it off to the side and tried out another printer someone had given to me. they said it worked. no, it didn't. unplugged that one, told Mom it could go in a box in the garage for the next summer electronic recycle drop off. got out another fax, scanner, copy machine, printer combination (that another friend gave to us), plugged it in, took me a few hours to get the thing set up and showing the proper connection before i tried to do a test page. would not work. went and found the on-line manual, went through the checklist, got down to where it said box it up or bring it in for service. item two for the box in the garage for next summer recycle drop off (cleared a whole shelf in my bookcase yay!). went back to my original printer (it was also someone's printer they didn't want), took it apart and unjammed the paper feed so it would then work as it should have to begin with.

printed one page.

project done. Mom happy. :)

had turkey sandwich and a few Jr. Mints. watched some music videos and caught up on things and that's been it.

i still need to get back to the onions and some bean sorting and organizing. tomorrow. mebbee...

Last edited:

Hinotori

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
We drove back from Mom's today so nothing accomplished except getting grocery shopping done for the week.

The cats say we are forgiven for locking them alone in the house for 3 days. They insisted we had to let them out immediately. Well Luke jumped into the window when he heard the truck pull it and started meowing at us.