All in a Days Work

Trying2keepitReal

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Plans for today: chickens fed, watered and clean (done!), laundry, smoke turkey, split and stack more wood, trip up to local meat market for winter stock of sausages, meat sticks and smoked fish, rake up final leaves, walk in the woods and get everyone's stuff ready for back to school tomorrow after a 10 day break

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Plans for today: chickens fed, watered and clean (done!), laundry, smoke turkey, split and stack more wood, trip up to local meat market for winter stock of sausages, meat sticks and smoked fish, rake up final leaves, walk in the woods and get everyone's stuff ready for back to school tomorrow after a 10 day break
Overachiever, lol!

I loosely plan on maybe cleaning out another raised bed. Two down - two to go. Then I need to (sometime before spring) start on the in-ground gardens.

Oh - I downloaded a new book. Might multi-task during the Texans game and read/watch the game, lol.

flowerbug

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Overachiever, lol!

I loosely plan on maybe cleaning out another raised bed. Two down - two to go. Then I need to (sometime before spring) start on the in-ground gardens.

Oh - I downloaded a new book. Might multi-task during the Texans game and read/watch the game, lol.

winter is a good time for reading. i've read five books in the last week. that's the most i've had time to read since last spring before planting/gardening season got going.

today i did get the onions cleaned up so Mom could cook with them. i had about a hundred small onions that were going to start growing so they were ready to be used before they went to waste (which means here that they'd end up being fed to the worms so not really wasted).