All-natural cold sore remedy? *ick warning*

eggzettra

Enjoys Recycling
Reaction score
I will definitely try this next time I get one. I had not had one for years & years then a year or two ago I got all those years worth @ once :barnie like a dozen of them all at once on my bottom lip :he wish I had known that then the ick factor would not even been the tiniest bit of an issue. :ya

Beekissed

Mountain Sage
Reaction score
Doctored a potential cold sore yesterday with ear wax, once again. No tingling or burning today!! :celebrate I find it completely amazing that God provides a treatment that is produced by one's own body! :)

big brown horse

Hoof In Mouth
Reaction score
I am soo glad I stumbled onto this thread today, thanks BEE for bringing it back up again, as I am a newbie to this site.

I never get them thankfully b/c I know how painful they can be. My poor daughter gets them (from her dad I'm sure). The Lysine works fine for her, but it is expensive. She has the waxiest ears I have to candle them often.

I am definitely going to try this with her. Thankfully she is a good sport when it comes to my ideas.

Now, how much how long?

Beekissed

Mountain Sage
Reaction score
Just the tiniest dab when you feel that first tingle or burning, sometimes itching.....just once usually. Wouldn't hurt to repeat it if you feel it again.

Haven't had a cold sore to break bad on me since learning this old wive's tale thingy.....many years now! Thank God for his tender mercies! :)

jfarms

Power Conserver
Reaction score
I cant wait to tell my oldest daughter about this Bee... she gets them often.. hates to spend $15 on a tube of medicine.. i love to hear about these kind of remedies :weee:clap

redhen

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Okay...I have to call my mother tomorrow and tell her that once again shes right! :lol: .....Shes told me about this ear wax thing before. I thought she was a nut and dismissed it...*sigh* Always listen to Mom kids! :old

Mackay

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
BeKissed, I think that if you are getting so many cold sores that you must be run down in some way and you may need lysine. When the nerves are stressed the herpes outbreaks come.

To use L Lysine successfully for virus outbreaks you need to use maybe 8 to 10 grams a day in 3 to 6 doses every 8 hours.

I think that ear wax is not so natural or can get to really unnatural limits and microbes that are not wanted can and do live in it.

For the gal who has itchy ears and cleans them with alcohol I have this for you. I used it on my dog but people can use it too. Just be sure there is no hole in your ear drum. I think I will post it in Natural Remedies under Treating the Ears thread

Beekissed

Mountain Sage
Reaction score
Mackay said:
BeKissed, I think that if you are getting so many cold sores that you must be run down in some way and you may need lysine. When the nerves are stressed the herpes outbreaks come.

To use L Lysine successfully for virus outbreaks you need to use maybe 8 to 10 grams a day in 3 to 6 doses every 8 hours.

I think that ear wax is not so natural or can get to really unnatural limits and microbes that are not wanted can and do live in it.

For the gal who has itchy ears and cleans them with alcohol I have this for you. I used it on my dog but people can use it too. Just be sure there is no hole in your ear drum. I think I will post it in Natural Remedies under Treating the Ears thread
I don't get many outbreaks anymore, but I do on occasion....my job and life kind of contributes to "run down" if ya know what I mean! ;) I haven't had a full outbreak for many years now, since trying this method.

I'd rather just use a dab of earwax every now and again than power up on a pill. My diet and nutritional intake is pretty good and gives me what I need to keep my immune system healthy. Everyone has those run down times, though, and as a single parent and hospice nurse, I don't always get enough rest and run some pretty stressful emotions at times.

Thanks for the advice, though! :)

Mackay

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Beekissed said:
...my job and life kind of contributes to "run down" if ya know what I mean! :)
Certainly do! Just did 2 back to back 16 HOUR SHIFTS on my feet.

Think I'm gonna go take some lysine...lack of sleep does it to me.