Alternative living.

Mini Horses

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
I watched both videos and can't say I want to do either lifestyle as a chosen. Appreciate their resourcefulness but, I rather like my farm and traditional house. All about frugal, natural living with gardening, chickens and my goats. It's about improving on my own ability to live with less cash needs for day to day -- food sourcing is most of that -- most of the utilities/ housing/ taxes and insurance are set and reasonably controllable, where I live. While a few things I'd like to improve upon, I'm pretty happy with life. Still healthy, too. That enables me to do what I do. :old

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
I love the cave house! About a hunnert years ago when DH and I were contemplating a move to the hill country we were in touch with a guy that builds underground homes. He did beautiful work!

JanetMarie

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
This is about a mountain man who lived without money. He didn't use other people's money, but traded his mountain goods:

Marie2020

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
i always felt that using a soft bristle brush just wasn't getting the gunk off my teeth well enough so i went back to a firm bristle brush. i'm not over-brushing and haven't had a problem with my gums getting worse.
I've use a made up toothpaste of coconut oil bicarbonate and sometimes a clay mixed. I find this really cleans my teeth. :)

tortoise

Wild Hare
Reaction score

Britesea

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
If you are brushing your teeth regularly, you shouldn't need a lot of abrasives. Plaque takes about 24 hours to form, at which time it is still soft and pasty. If you leave it on your teeth for longer, it starts to harden, and that is when you need abrasives to break it up. (from my dentist)