Alzheimers and coconut oil

big brown horse

Hoof In Mouth
Reaction score
Hmm, mine doesn't say raw either. :hu

It is not refined and expeller pressed made by Spectrum. I'm a little ticked off that it is not the "good stuff" b/c I paid an arm and a leg for it. :/ Plus I still have a bottle of Spectrum "refined" coconut oil that I got early on before I knew better, and that wasn't cheap either! :rolleyes:

Bubblingbrooks

Made in Alaska
Reaction score
big brown horse said:
Hmm, mine doesn't say raw either. :hu

It is not refined and expeller pressed made by Spectrum. I'm a little ticked off that it is not the "good stuff" b/c I paid an arm and a leg for it. :/ Plus I still have a bottle of Spectrum "refined" coconut oil that I got early on before I knew better, and that wasn't cheap either! :rolleyes:
Go ahead and use it anyway. You can use it for frying.
Or, make soap.

big brown horse

Hoof In Mouth
Reaction score
I have been using it for moisturizer lately! Thanks to you! :)

Anyway, alzheimers is not a concern now for my folks, they are 80 and still sharp as tacks. I am going to tell them about it though.

I sometimes get "foggy" headed (forgetting words/thoughts mid sentence) however I always attributed that to my hypoglycemia. I'm for sure going to check out the RAW coconut butter/oil. See if it helps, it is a win win situation either way.

I can't wait to try the fudge!!!

Mackay

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
I get my coconut oil here and it is fantastic and they have good sales too! Don't be afraid to buy a lot cause coconut oil says good for a very long time.

www.tropicaltraditions.com

Now add turmeric to your coconut oil to treat dementia and you will likely see even better results.

Turmeric's bioavalabilty tripples when put in coconut oil

freemotion

Food Guru
Reaction score
Better to make some fudge and eat it WITH your tea or coffee! :drool

I take it that "virgin" is not what we are looking for, it needs to be "extra virgin" only?

Azure Standard doesn't deliver here.... :hit Alaska, but not Western MA. Hmmmph.

Bubblingbrooks

Made in Alaska
Reaction score
freemotion said:
Better to make some fudge and eat it WITH your tea or coffee! :drool

I take it that "virgin" is not what we are looking for, it needs to be "extra virgin" only?

Azure Standard doesn't deliver here.... :hit Alaska, but not Western MA. Hmmmph.
They plan on covering the whole US at some point.
You can order direct from WFN though.

Bubblingbrooks

Made in Alaska
Reaction score
miss_thenorth said:
If any of you do enjoy coffee, add a small scoop of the oil right before you drink your cup in the morning.
i have tried this in my tea. I do NOT recommend it.
:D It is better with bitter coffee. Plus, you have to love coconut oil as well.

Woodland Woman

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
My coconut oil says: Unrefined Expeller Pressed Virgin Coconut Oil. Is this kind good?