Am i the only irish lassie here?!

punkin

Don't Quote Me
Reaction score
I'm Irish by descent and Southern by birth.

Many, many years ago, my Great-Great Grandfather owned a large sheep farm in Ireland. I don't know where it was located or how none of it made it my way. :rolleyes:

cartychic

Power Conserver
Reaction score
Your probably better off because there is not much money in sheep here at the minute.

DrakeMaiden

Sourdough Slave
Reaction score
I'm mostly Irish (on one side), but our family has been here in the US for several generations.

kenman

Power Conserver
Reaction score
I am Irish from my dad's side. My family has only been here for four generations. So, I am Irish enough that the British still tick me off.

unclejoe

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
My grandmother, Margaret McGee, came here from Ireland as a wee lass in 1907. Is that Irish enough? :)

deb1

Enjoys Recycling
Reaction score
On my father's side, his grandparents were Irish. On my mother's mother's side several of her family members were from Ireland.

A man named Conner Dowd(or O'Dowd-can't remember which) came from Ireland before the revolutionary war and fought on the British side. You can find his name on google! Here is an article about him. You have to go about five paragraphs down before you will find his name.

http://www.learnnc.org/lp/editions/nchist-revolution/1915

I think that is pretty cool

farmerlor

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
I can give you the passenger numbers for both of my paternal grandparents when they came over on the boat from Ireland. On Mom's side they came over a generation earlier and worked as servants until they moved to Iowa. I'm about as Irish as you can get and be American I guess.

user251

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Im just a wee bit Irish but im no lassie no. McLaughlin's the name of the Lachlan Clan and heres me proof. Me clan castle, its a fixer upper near Donegal. My family tartan and last but not least the crest.
251_lachlan_castle.jpg

251_maclachlan_tartan_text.gif

251_mclaughlin_crest.gif