Am i the only irish lassie here?!

Beekissed

Mountain Sage
Reaction score
I'm a dukes mixture, a real Heinz 57.....Scot, Irish, German, Native American, Brit and who knows what else? But we have an Irish family crest and all...don't know how that happens.... :rolleyes:

We are beset with mostly redheads in our family....is that considered an Irish trait? :lol:

Welcome to the forum, BTW! Send us pics? :D

Wifezilla

Low-Carb Queen - RIP: 1963-2021
Reaction score
Irish and Norwegian descent here. Allegedly dad's side of the family hails from County Monaghan.

Blackbird

Goat Whisperer
Reaction score
Irish, Scottish, Swedish, Finnish, English, Dannish, Dutch, German, and Norwegian here. 25% Dutch actually, the rest is in bits and pieces that I have no specific clue about.

So no, I'm no help. We did fly over Ireland on our way to Amsterdam though!

BeccaOH

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
We trace my father's family as Germans who first immigrated into northern Ireland and then to the US via Charleston, SC around the early 1800s. But my blood is a true mix of German, Irish, Swedish, English, and French.

:welcome

enjoy the ride

Sufficient Life
Reaction score
Well- faith and begora, cartychic- you certainly asked the wrong question to a bunch of Americans. :frow
We all consider ourself in love with being Irish some of the time - even those of us hard pressed to locate any Irish ancestors at all.
St. Patrick's Day make Irish of all of us. I personally am only Hollywood Irish but sincere for all that. :celebrate

I suspect though that you meant any currently residing Irish and yes, I do believe you are.

But I have rainy climate near the ocean so we should be able to find some common ground for discussion.

ORChick

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Irish (and a bit of Scottish) by heritage, American by birth, and German by marriage. And a redhead :). Great great grandmother came over from Co Antrim in the 1840's - she was the most recent, but there were others as well, on other branches of the family.

Wifezilla

Low-Carb Queen - RIP: 1963-2021
Reaction score
My sister is a camogie player and my brother-in-law owns an Irish Pub. I own my own hurly and sliothar and dabble a bit (hard to find people to play in Colorado though...LOL) That celtic blood flows strong :D

Farmfresh

City Biddy
Reaction score
Scotch (mostly) with a dab of Irish, German and English stirred in.

Bio father was an Elliott (with 2 l's and 2 t's no tellin' who's kin are these) , great maternal grandsire a Gleason and married into the clan Maxwell. (None of those are my last name by the way! :plbb )