Am i the only irish lassie here?!

TanksHill

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
My mother is an Irish , Scottish mix. My father was German. I am mostly Irish on St. Patrick's Day. I usually end up turning very green. lol. :p

dacjohns

Our Frustrated Curmudgeon
Reaction score
Farmfresh said:
Scotch (mostly) with a dab of Irish, German and English stirred in.

Bio father was an Elliott (with 2 l's and 2 t's no tellin' who's kin are these) , great maternal grandsire a Gleason and married into the clan Maxwell. (None of those are my last name by the way! :plbb )
We might be distantly related. I'm descended from the Maxwells.

Farmfresh

City Biddy
Reaction score
My husband is the Maxwell line. His great-grandfather was the brother of James Clerk Maxwell.

2dream

Flibbertigibbet
Reaction score
TanksHill said:
I am mostly Irish on St. Patrick's Day. I usually end up turning very green. lol. :p
I guess this means I am Irish too.

I have fairy houses in my yard and am always looking for that pot of gold. Does that make it double Irish?

deb1

Enjoys Recycling
Reaction score
deb1 said:
On my father's side, his grandparents were Irish. On my mother's mother's side several of her family members were from Ireland.

A man named Conner Dowd(or O'Dowd-can't remember which) came from Ireland before the revolutionary war and fought on the British side. You can find his name on google! Here is an article about him. You have to go about five paragraphs down before you will find his name.

http://www.learnnc.org/lp/editions/nchist-revolution/1915

I think that is pretty cool
I just realized that my post sounded as if I was just simply talking about some random guy. Connor Dowd is my ancestor. One of my forefathers fought on the wrong side of the Revolutionary War. That sounds like something that someone related to me would do. LOL :p