America in Decline (Mr. Sunshine Strikes Again)

Mackay

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
OH? are you going to the Congo or Rowanda?

raro

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
It doesn't really bother me about the average amount of wealth per citizen, etc. I don't really care if another country is as wealthy or wealthier than we are. In fact, I'm happy for them...why should we always be number one in everything?
What worries me are the things about jobs and the trade deficit. Things that really threaten our way of life that most people just ignore and hope will go away. So while my list would be a bit shorter than this one, the ones that would be the same are, I think, the scary ones.

old fashioned

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
If we want to know what's in our future, we only have to look to the past since history repeats itself.
Since the beginning of time, every great or powerful nation has eventually tumbled into oblivion. Such as Egypt, Rome, England, Spain, Greece, etc. Just to name a few.

I agree Koxxx it is an 'Emergency Prepardness' & the writing is on the wall, so to speak.
I think the 9/11 attacks have been 'symbolic' of what's in store. Such as the planes hitting our financial center=financial fallout, & will be doubly hit. Here I see the financial crisis we're in now is only the first plane & the 'tower' is swaying. We will be 'hit' again & with more sway before tumbling to the ground, not once but twice.
Then the plane hitting the Pentagon (military HQ)=our military will be 'hit', possibly all out war & probably on US soil.
The fourth plane was bound for the White House but that attack was thwarted=our government will be threatened but left intact.

Another thought here...I once heard a 'prophecy' about the Eagle (US) will conquer the Bear (Russia), but China will win over all. Sorry I don't remember the symbol for China.

This all may sound extremist, but I don't really care if anyone agrees with me or not. They are my opinions & thoughts of which I am entitled. If I'm wrong then there is nothing to worry about & life will go on in it's usual way...no big deal other than putting my foot in my mouth :p BUT if I'm right, then may God help us all!

PamsPride

Should be Sewing
Reaction score
This is why it is so important to buy local and buy American! Hopefully that will catch on and we can slow down some of the decline!

Damummis

Microfarmer
Reaction score
PamsPride said:
This is why it is so important to buy local and buy American! Hopefully that will catch on and we can slow down some of the decline!
Easier said than done. Try to find an American made toaster.

Mackay

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Try to find an American made TV!

and I already gave up TV.

I traded it in for internet and computer :lol:

Dunkopf

On Vacation
Reaction score
Yeah. I'll say it again. The corporations are running the country. I remember a post about the world being flat. At the time most of the people on this forum that commented seemed to think it was a good idea.

Well the corporations are trying to make the world flat. They don't care what it does to America. The people that run them have a house in every major part of the world. The world is their country.

Until our politicians pass meaningful CAMPAIGN FINANCE REFORM, THE PROBLEM WILL CONTINUE TO ESCALATE. As long as a Senator has to raise 20,000 dollars every day on the average to get re-elected, nothing will be done to stop the craziness.

Our Supreme Court put in place mostly over the last 10 years leans heavily in favor of corporations. They were carefully chosen to put the country on the course it is now on.

Do some research and try to figure out which political party heavily supports corporations. They are for corporate control and outsourcing of jobs to raise corporate profits. They vote for corporations without exception. The other party has a good many members vote for the corporations too. However they also have some that are trying to stop the outsourcing.

I know there are a lot of people on here that feel the government shouldn't be allowed to regulate anything at all. That everyone should be able to do whatever they please including raping our country. However the outsourcing has to stop.

I don't ever see another country actually invading the USA. We will always have a strong military. There is simply too much money to be made in the defense industry. The politicians will never cut spending too the point where we will have a weak military. I do see 10 or 12 million people out of 300 million people having all the money while everyone else starves in the street. When it gets that bad you will see a lot of wealthy people meeting untimely ends. Think France in the 1700's.

Yes America is going you know where in a hand basket and it isn't because of morals or because not as many kids get spanked now. We need some politicians that will stop the bleeding of our jobs. It's hard to buy American when American made stuff is so hard to find.

There are also numerous towns and cities that are trying to sell their infrastructure to foreign interests to try to raise money. Remember when Bush wanted to sell all of our ports to the Saudis? Yep something along those lines. Then they can just evict us, because they will own all of our cities.