AmericanHomesteader...Life in the Desert totally Off-Grid!!

Denim Deb

More Precious than Rubies
Reaction score
Wow, you're really putting the miles on! I don't think I could drive that far in a day!

Wannabefree

Little Miss Sunshine
Reaction score
Sweet! Glad you are making good time! Stay safe!!!!

Wannabefree

Little Miss Sunshine
Reaction score
Hoping things are going smoothly for you today! :hugs

Rebbetzin

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
AmericanHomesteader said:
Today was just borrrrrrrriiiiiiingg Does texas ever end :barnie we made it to abilene tx this evening. Today we drove 465 miles, tomorrow we will be stopping in New Mexico for the night.
Being married to a "native son" of Texas.... I have often thought the same thing! I couldn't believe the real estate signs along the highway, so much acreage for sale!

Once we pass the Arizona, Texas line, my husband become "bragadocious"! On the road in Texas we saw a Montana licence plate, He said... "The nerve of them saying "Big Sky" country! Texas has the biggest Skies! And at that moment, it was sky from horizon to horizon.

Good to hear from you along the way!!

Hope you like Arizona.

welcomeSun.gif

Joel_BC

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
It may be surprising, cause I'm in Canada, but my wife and I have travelled through a lot of that country. I mean west Texas, New Mexico, Arizona (also, but irrelevant I guess, Colorado, Utah, Nevada, on into east and central California, and then on up... back toward home). Anyhow, your trip is exciting. Hope the rest of it goes well. :cool:

Enjoy your new start, once you're on your land.:D

hqueen13

<Insert Snazzy Title Here
Reaction score
Denim Deb said:
Wow, you're really putting the miles on! I don't think I could drive that far in a day!
Let alone towing and all that sort of thing! Texas and AZ do go on forever! LOL
Drove across the country with a friend once in a minivan with a ton of stuff and 3 large dogs... You've got way more stuff and are making probably as good or better time than we did!

Safe journey!!!

AmericanHomesteader

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Well today was a very hard driving day, i had a west wind of about 40 mph, i was all over the road! :ep the truck drank alot of extra gas also. Started having some issues with my clutch pedal, seems the bushing is broke :rant We are in Las Cruces NM this is our last night out on the road, tomorrow we arrive at our homestead. Were 240 miles away now :weee today we drove 499 miles.

Dawn419

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
So glad the trip is going well for y'all! Well, with the exception of the wind and clutch today. :(

Looking forward to the post that says, "We're HERE!!!"! :D

Stay safe! :hugs