Amish made pumpkin pie

CrealCritter

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
I assume that is part of the thank you for the firewood? I can just imagine how good that must taste.

I prefer fresh pumpkin for pie over the canned stuff any day, and I use real 2% milk for it instead of evaporated milk, I would use whole milk but that is just too much for us non-dairy farmers to take when drinking it. Mom's pumpkin pie for thanksgiving was just so bad that DH asked me to make him a "real" pumpkin pie to clean that memory out of his mind. lol

Yep... It was nice for her to bake us up some pies.

Mini Horses

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Gosh, I'd love a piece of that pie right now. :( Thanks...for making me crave it. Glad you loved it!!!:D

CrealCritter

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Gosh, I'd love a piece of that pie right now. :( Thanks...for making me crave it. Glad you loved it!!!:D

No problem, glad I could assist :) if your gonna make one try and sub fresh goats milk for the condensed milk. I really do believe goats milk is what set her pumpkin pie off into heavenly bliss status.

Mini Horses

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
sub fresh goats milk for the condensed milk

When milking, I use goats milk exclusively. It is rich and delish. Taste is awesome -- and it's A2 milk. :) I don't believe I've bought milk more than once or twice in a few years and it was cream, when goats were dry. In past I've kept milk does going almost all year, this year -- I took off!! :D Dried all off late summer and just planning to start back up in a week or so. When I do retire, I will milk all year.

I miss the milk. But glad we all took a break. Some time crunch going on here and less to do was good.

NH Homesteader

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
I would milk all year if I lived somewhere less stinking cold! I get 6 months where it's warm enough to enjoy milking.

I could go for a pumpkin donut right now. Yum...