Ammo, it's hard to get!

Reaction score
The reason it's hard to get is all the hoarding. All the gun enthusiast were buying ammo by the case instead of the box based on false rumors about ammo legislation actually being passed. Now that all the ammo is in basements instead of stores it must be because the government isn't letting the ammo manufacturers sell ammo. Truly funny stuff.

k0xxx

Mr. Sunshine
Reaction score
The supply is starting to ease here. Given Obama's track record, a large number of people stocked up when he was elected. The supply is just beginning to start catching up, but it still has a way to go. Trying to locate .380 and .45 is still tough in some of the larger population areas, but it is getting better.

The same thing happened with handguns and other desirable weapons. With the downturn in the economy, gun purchases are way down at the moment. Reloading supplies, especially primers, have been fairly scarce too.

Also, a large amount of ammo production capacity is going to the military's requirements. It's not some conspiracy causing the shortages, it's just demand out running supply.

FarmerChick

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Supply is fine here, just price went up as with everything.

nightshade

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
yea I know I use to buy atleast 2 boxes of 243 shells every year before hunting season and then 2 more for Christmas for my dad. This year I will play hell getting ones just for myself for deer season. Hubby is also having trouble getting certain shells and shotgun rounds.