An amazing quote.

me&thegals

A Major Squash & Pumpkin Lover
Reaction score
Huh? I don't get it! Where are all the A students? Maybe an A doesn't guarantee success, but it says something about intelligence or at least how hard a person has worked.

Reaction score
I would be a little suspicious of that data. I know there's a big CEO bash going on around the country, but class ranking still means something. There's a lot more college grads out there than there used to be and class ranking gets you ahead of the pack with a lot of companies. I would like to see some transcripts.

inchworm

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
I think one element missing here is that we don;t really produce much anymore. 40 years ago, we still had a lot of manufacturing. There was a particular product; there was a process that was understood; there was interaction between employers and managers; there was a measurable level of success as set out in the number of sales.

But what are our major corporations now? Financial institutions; speculators; investors; insurers. There is no commodity, no product - they just shovel loans and debts around. Brokers make money by selling as many stocks as they can - they don't have to be right and the stocks don't have to make money. In their world, pay isn't related to be going at what they do.

Tallman

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
inchworm said:
I think one element missing here is that we don;t really produce much anymore. 40 years ago, we still had a lot of manufacturing. There was a particular product; there was a process that was understood; there was interaction between employers and managers; there was a measurable level of success as set out in the number of sales.

But what are our major corporations now? Financial institutions; speculators; investors; insurers. There is no commodity, no product - they just shovel loans and debts around. Brokers make money by selling as many stocks as they can - they don't have to be right and the stocks don't have to make money. In their world, pay isn't related to be going at what they do.
Good post, Inch. I was told years ago that, "All new money comes out of the ground."

The statement gives a person pause.

Reaction score
I wonder i anyone will ever actually stop all the jobs leaving the country.

Reaction score
Corporate greed is going to be the end of this country. What are they going to do when the 3rd world countries get unions and stop working for slave wages? Maybe Africa will be the next country to exploit.