And now I wait for Spring!

MorelCabin

Quilting Extraordinaire
Reaction score
Okay Christmas is over...it can be spring now...LOL! I just want the snow and cold to go away so I can start hatching and playing in the henhouse and gardens. 4 months to go...

justusnak

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Oh, I sooooo agree! Its just not fair for the seed catalogs to start coming already!! I have one order in tho..LOL I just couldnt waite. They wont ship right away..so, Im good there. Every time I walk past the garden, I smell the fresh soil..(no snow, LOTS of rain) I just want to dive in! COME ON SPRING ALREADY! :fl

FarmerChick

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
I'll just be waiting for late Feb. to plant onions.
March means real planting starts.
April...whew...then the fun truly begins right!!

Sorry you have such rough winter weather Morel. I don't have that here...it is 60 but cloudy, but that 60 is so wanted..lol

Quail_Antwerp

Cold is on the Right, Hot is on The Left
Reaction score
It's in the 50's here today, and a bit foggy, not too bad out. NO SNOW WOOT! Now that's just AWESOME! I mean, even the news that the SIL from you know is moving back by January 15 hasn't been able to dampen my mood today!

I JUST FEEL WONDERFUL!!

And I feel like SPRING here in my heart! So, it's all gud! :celebrate :bun

:woot

punkin

Don't Quote Me
Reaction score
I'm with ya'll. I wish we could skip on to March.

Although within the next 2 weeks I will be starting broccoli and cauliflower in the greenhouse.

It's been so wet here, that we can't turn the garden over until it dries. And, by the look of the weather this week, it won't be anytime soon. :(

lupinfarm

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Ohhh god do I ever agree! ... Working out there on the duck house is so hard in this weather! AND I just want to get planning and planting for the market season!!

big bertha

Power Conserver
Reaction score
I agree!! DH and I were just looking through the seed catalogs today. It is a dreary 32* right now. No sun for a few days now and doesn't look like we're getting any for a while. It gets depressing! Sad thing is last year after we planted (kinda late for here) we got another cold snap (mid to late May). So much for global warming!!!

1acrefarm

Power Conserver
Reaction score
I have spring fever myself. I want to start some seeds indoors to get a head start but can't get the seeds yet.