Announcing A New Sufficient Self Blog - Need Article Writers

Nifty

Super Self-Sufficient
Administrator
Reaction score
You've probably already stumbled upon it, but just in case you missed it we've added an exciting new section to our site! :celebrate

You can read the details here.

Long story short, we need your help in helping to grow this site with lots of helpful information! We've got so many smart people here with a TON of amazing experiences and we'd like your help in publishing this info in an organized format.

This new addition differs from some of the existing features of the site (journals, personal pages, forum discussions, etc.) which tend to be more personal and conversational. This new blog will be more like organized articles with organized content (more like articles in a magazine or a newspaper).

The best way to think about this is to compare it to the difference between the BYC content site (specifically the learning center) and the BYC forum.

If you'd like to be one of our fist article writers, please see our posting guidelines here.

We want this to be a fully collaborative project so please let us know if you have any ideas or questions and what you think about the design, the idea, etc.

:woot

sylvie

Recycled Spunk
Reaction score
How exciting! We're the big time now!
:thumbsup

Wildsky

Femivore
Reaction score
We should vote for "post of the week" or something along those lines, and then ask the OP if that post can be expanded on or made to be a stand alone type post to be used in the blog. :D

Nifty

Super Self-Sufficient
Administrator
Reaction score
That's not a bad idea! I've seen a ton of posts where they could be "cleaned up" with a little more detail and they would be perfect!

Wildsky

Femivore
Reaction score
You could also start a thread on a subject, and then have someone summerize it or take out the chatter and leave all the good stuff and pop that in the blog.
Tips and bits and pieces from everyone. Have an editor instead of a writer.

Nifty

Super Self-Sufficient
Administrator
Reaction score
modern_pioneer, do you take payment in molted feathers? I've got LOTS of them right now!

miss_thenorth

Frugal Homesteader
Reaction score
Nifty said:
That's not a bad idea! I've seen a ton of posts where they could be "cleaned up" with a little more detail and they would be perfect!
Not that I'm volunteering or anything :hide (well, maybe in the new year, but holidays are coming up and I'm not on the computer much when the kids are home)..... but, what posts are you thinking might be cleaned up a bit. Even in college I was a better editor than I was a journalist.