Announcing A New Sufficient Self Blog - Need Article Writers

Nifty

Super Self-Sufficient
Administrator
Reaction score
Hmmmm..... good question! If, hypothetically there was someone somewhere that REALLY wanted a BYC cookbook then I think if that certain person wrote 4 articles they could get a Free BYC Cookbook. :D

me&thegals

A Major Squash & Pumpkin Lover
Reaction score
I don't feel like an expert at all, but I have been canning for 15 years and would be glad to scribble something about it.

Same for yogurt making and butter making (as long as I can involve electricity).

Someone with more than 2 weeks' experience could write about soapmaking :) (Free, Farmfresh and FarmerChick come to mind--hey what's with all the "Fs"?)

Nifty

Super Self-Sufficient
Administrator
Reaction score
No need to be an expert!

The main requirement is that you enjoy the subject, and have experience that will be helpful to other people. Decent writing skills and pics are nice too.

country lady

Enjoys Recycling
Reaction score
"My yard is actually so full of feathers, I wish I had an outdoor vacuum or something. "----------I went outside one day and thought at first a hawk must have gotten one of the ladies. Mother Nature played a dirty trick on chickens, having them molt in cold weather. Marie Essipoff wrote in her freezer book: "There is Gypsy Rose Lee, who somehow or other lost all her plumage. She shed her baby down and forgot to grow new feathers. She waxed large and gawky, and pecked around the yard as naked as the egg she came from.... Gypsy matured without complexes because we made a pet of her....She has earned a normal life span by reason of the laughs and entertainment she gave us during her period of nudism." Also there was M'sieur P'tit-P'tit. another chicken story!

Quail_Antwerp

Cold is on the Right, Hot is on The Left
Reaction score
I don't feel like I know much about anything to contribute a good blog....unless you want a blog on how to survive a two day to one week power outtage (we've done both) or a blog on how it is to survive without running water in the home....

Other than that, I think other people on here have more knowledge about SS living than me.

TanksHill

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Quail, I think a little article about your modern life with no H2O would be very interesting. About how much you actually consume to how it's stored. There are many of us who take the luxury of having a tap for granted. Might knock us down a peg or two.

gina

sylvie

Recycled Spunk
Reaction score
Quail_Antwerp said:
I don't feel like I know much about anything to contribute a good blog....unless you want a blog on how to survive a two day to one week power outtage (we've done both) or a blog on how it is to survive without running water in the home....

Other than that, I think other people on here have more knowledge about SS living than me.
I would be interested in learning how you problem solved either of those predicaments. I'd have to think others would, too. It doesn't get more SS than that, especially what steps you took to succeed.

Quail_Antwerp

Cold is on the Right, Hot is on The Left
Reaction score
OK, I emailed Nifty about my possibly submitting a blog about life without water...we'll see what he says.