Annoying bumps

farmer2B

Sustainable Newbie
Reaction score
I found that the Carlson's Cod Liver Oil (in liquid form) is great for my dry skin & tastes great, too. Really it does! It tastes more like lemon than fish oil & could even be sprinkled on your salad as part of the dressing? It is high quality without any "bad stuff." Being liquid, it would get into your system really quickly perhaps?

Also, I just started using Emu oil on my face~~also on Vitacost. This also has worked great for me. The Emu oil is very concentrated so it goes a long way.

I found both on Vitacost.com. No, I do not work or own any of their stock! :rolleyes: :)

I have incredibly dry skin that gets large awful flakes on my face just like a fish even though I would slough them off in the morning, they would come right back that evening. But they have disappeared now with these two things.

You might try adding some olive oil into your diet, too?

BEst wishes~I hope those bumps go away soon for you. :)

curly_kate

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Found your recipe, Bee! I'm going to make some this weekend & I'll keep you posted on the results. I'm definitely going to try some of the fish oil. If it works for me, I'll have to tell my mom, too. She has the same SUPER dry skin that I do! Thanks!! :)

Beekissed

Mountain Sage
Reaction score
YOur welcome, Kate! You know, I found out years ago, that if you expose those parts~upper and lower arms & thighs ~ to the sun as often as possible, it seemed to lessen the bumps and smooth them out. I don't know why, as the sun has always been noted as a drying agent to skin, but I'm sure the Vit. D factor has something to do with it. Wouldn't hurt to take some Vit. D3 like Morel suggested~just to see if it would work. I have just started to do so on a trial basis, to see if it helps with my energy level and moods for the winter.

The sugar scrubs are amazingly effective and you will become addicted to your smooth, good smelling skin....its such a gift to someone with our skin disorder! :)

mrs.puff

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
I heard that the way to tell the difference between good and bad brands of fish oil capsules is to put them in the freezer. Bad ones will freeze (added water) and good ones don't.

curly_kate

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
So is there a difference between cod liver oil & fish oil? DH was told fish oil was good for your joints, and he also has really dry skin, so if they both do the same thing, or are the same thing, that would be an added bonus!

Wifezilla

Low-Carb Queen - RIP: 1963-2021
Reaction score
Cod liver oil can be an issue because of the high level of vitamin A in it. Just get fish oil.

curly_kate

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
I have to say that the fish oil is working well for my dry skin! My hands are not NEARLY as dry as they were before.

I'm going to brave the snow today and get some Epsom salt to make the sugar scrub. Sounds like I need to add some to my vinegar bath to help my sore, sore back & arms (too much shoveling in the past 2 days!). :D

ams3651

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
i have it too and so do my kids, it is hereditary and will get better as you get older. What always worked for me was soap with glycerine. And just a gentle scrubing and a lotion with alpha hydroxy. There is a prescription lotion but it really stinks.