Another biopsy

sumi

Rest in Peace 1980-2020
Reaction score
This will be the 4th one in 3 years. As some of you know the first two turned out to be melanoma cancer. The 3rd one, last year, was to remove a lesion from the tissue around my eye, that was thankfully benign. I'm having a mole removed from my arm soon, waiting for the hospital to let me know the date and time for the surgery. My subconscious is fretting over it while my mind is trying very hard to ignore it, to not think about it, for now anyway.

I'm tired of surgery, the wait afterwards for the results, the call from the hospital asking you to come in ASAP, more surgeries, scarring, stitches, allergies (from the dressings), doctors and nurses and hospital rooms and pain and people going :ep :hide when you mention the c-word. I'm trying not to hate the skin I'm in, or the sunshine I love so that is now trying to kill me.

Let's hope this one will turn out to be a "positive negative" as my sweet DS call them, the good results. The "it's benign". June this year marked 2 years cancer free and I'd like to continue with that.

baymule

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
I like your son’s thinking. Keep thinking positive. Sorry that you have to go through this again.

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Oh Sumi! I'm so sorry to hear this...but like the others I'm going to think positively for a VERY positive negative! You hang in there and we are here if you need a sympathetic ear - OR - to celebrate with you when you get good news!

sumi

Rest in Peace 1980-2020
Reaction score
Got the letter from the hospital this morning. Surgery is scheduled for Thursday morning. It's a bit short notice, but I guess it leaves me little time to stress about it lol

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Oh geeze, Sumi! Please know that our hearts are with you and tons of good wishes and blessings being sent your way!:hugs