Another laundry soap question: CP recipe anyone??

hennypenny9

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
I'm looking for a cold process soap recipe for laundry soap. Ideally it would be a stand alone soap, meaning, no adding anything else. I keep finding cp soaps which I would have to add Borax and Washing Soda to. Can I add them at trace so that it's all done in one shot? Is lard soap the only way to go? Can I use a 100% Castille soap, or will this leave a residue? Is there a way to only use a homemade soap without the Washing Soda and Borax?? I have found 100% lard soaps with no super-fat, but that's about it.

My goal is to buy the least amount of "stuff". I will have olive oil, and lye, etc, around the house, but I would continually have to buy the Borax specifically for laundry soap, as I don't use it other than that. I never have lard (or tallow) on hand, so I would have to buy it. I would, though, if it's worth it. But as for the Washing Soda and Borax, I have nothing against them except that I would like to be able to do without them. Maybe a recipe that includes Baking Soda, since I always have that. (But that's stretching it, I know)

I know I sound totally bizarre and OCD, but if I can (and enjoy) making soap from scratch, why not laundry soap? I am using the Fels Naptha/Borax/Washing Soda recipe right now, and it's fine. I'm sure some of you out there make your own totally from scratch so tell me how!