Anxiety?

walnuthollow

Power Conserver
Reaction score
Does anyone else suffer from this? I've been on meds (paxil) for years and later it is getting more frequent. It seems like these attacks can come on so easy. If I get excited about something, or just thinking about winter coming, when I have a bad dream, or just getting anxious about things not going the way I think they should, and oh yes, feeling the earthquake brough it on. I start with a funny feeling in my head and stomach, my arms and legs get tingly, my heart beats rapid, and I feel like I'm losing my mind, and I usually have to have to go to the bathroom (#2 :rolleyes:). I'm thinking my meds aren't working anymore not to mention they cause weight gain. My doctor was going to take me off of them then decided not too. Another doctor tried to switch my meds two years ago and it didn't go well. I got very light headed and I thought I would end up in the mental ward so they kept me on the paxil and also put me on buspar. I hate having to feel this way and I don't like depending on the meds but don't want to end up crazy. Depression is hereditary on my mother's side of the family. My mom and sister's (all 5 of them) are on something for depression. My aunt had a nervous break down and got better but my mom's mom had a couple of them and was never all there mentally after that. I'm hoping someone will be able to share some info with me and help me to feel better. Thanks for listening I know this is kinda long.

Bubblingbrooks

Made in Alaska
Reaction score
walnuthollow said:
Does anyone else suffer from this? I've been on meds (paxil) for years and later it is getting more frequent. It seems like these attacks can come on so easy. If I get excited about something, or just thinking about winter coming, when I have a bad dream, or just getting anxious about things not going the way I think they should, and oh yes, feeling the earthquake brough it on. I start with a funny feeling in my head and stomach, my arms and legs get tingly, my heart beats rapid, and I feel like I'm losing my mind, and I usually have to have to go to the bathroom (#2 :rolleyes:). I'm thinking my meds aren't working anymore not to mention they cause weight gain. My doctor was going to take me off of them then decided not too. Another doctor tried to switch my meds two years ago and it didn't go well. I got very light headed and I thought I would end up in the mental ward so they kept me on the paxil and also put me on buspar. I hate having to feel this way and I don't like depending on the meds but don't want to end up crazy. Depression is hereditary on my mother's side of the family. My mom and sister's (all 5 of them) are on something for depression. My aunt had a nervous break down and got better but my mom's mom had a couple of them and was never all there mentally after that. I'm hoping someone will be able to share some info with me and help me to feel better. Thanks for listening I know this is kinda long.
To put it simply, its called adrenal fatigue, and you can recover from it.
Your adrenals are not functioning properly, so when you are needing a bit or even a lot of adrenalin, its not there, and you body has what is called a panic attack.
I have mostly recovered from this now, so if you are interested, I can help you out.

MorelCabin

Quilting Extraordinaire
Reaction score
I'm interested! I get them too, as does my daughter. I think these days it is more hormonal than anything, but it drives me crazy!

S

sunsaver

I suffered from anxiety disorder and panic attacks for years. I've found that it always happens when i run out of vitamins, or have been eating a lot of junk food or fast food that is full of msg. Now that i am eating real food instead of processed food, and taking my multivitamin and mineral supplements, the attacks are less frequent. I also noticed that taking Paxil made the attacks more frequent. When i stopped taking Paxil, the attacks stopped almost completely, and the depression improved greatly. I recommend you get off of the Paxil as soon as you can. Some people find great relief by taking Oxazipam, so you might ask your doctor about that. Try not to take it every day, but only if you have a bad panic attack.
I have found that eating right, getting plenty of sleep, and talking to myself in a positive way has cured all these types of problems. Valerian root in combination with passion flower and Kava Kava extract help me get plenty of sleep. A glass of milk with some sugar and vanilla extract, heated in the microwave can help calm a panic attack. Plenty of vitamin E, calcium, and magnesium can also help a great deal.

Wifezilla

Low-Carb Queen - RIP: 1963-2021
Reaction score
Diet does play a HUGE factor in depression. It isn't necessarily the cause...plenty of evidence that genetics plays a role...but a poor diet can most definitely make a bad situation worse. Even if continued meds are required, if you clean up your diet, you may be able to take a lower dose.

The foods that mess up adrenals are the same ones that mess with your head. Sugars, starches, and excess carbohydrates. Grains are thought to be healthy but for many people they are not. Unless properly soaked or sprouted, they actually rob your body of nutrition. Another factor is a lack of good healthy fats. Your brain is mostly fat. Feed your brain hydrogenated oils or vegetable oils and that is a good way to turn yourself in to a vegetable.

Bubblingbrooks

Made in Alaska
Reaction score
MorelCabin said:
I'm interested! I get them too, as does my daughter. I think these days it is more hormonal than anything, but it drives me crazy!
Here is what i pmed the OP just now.
Number one rule. Eat breakfast, and eat plenty of it. And eat it within 30 minutes of getting up.
After that. No caffeine, and no soda of any kind. No refined sweeteners or substitutes, and no refined grains/flours/cereals.
The standard American diet, and the make due diets, along with dieting, are very hard on the body.

This is going to be a very hard change for you at the beginning, but if you are serious, and do not cheat, you will see good results right away. Do keep in mind though, that full recovery takes several years, but the panic attacks will go very quickly. Do not take that as a sign that you can slide smile

First of all, here are the supplements and vitamins that you must take.

raw adrenals from www.drrons.com
start with one in the morning with breakfast, and add a second at lunch if one is not cutting it after a few weeks.

Acerola Powder for vitamin C. Full dose every day.

High quality B complex. Full dose every day.

Fermented cod liver oil, from www.drrons.com
1-2 doses per day. You can place it in capsules if the flavor is too much. I'll tell you how if you need it done that way.
Price may seem high, but at one dose per day, the bottle will last 6 months.
DO NOT make due with cheaper vitamin or grocery store varieties!

Maca Root (just Google for the best price for you)
2 tsp per day.

Real sea salt. Place a pinch in every glass of water you drink, and slat all your food liberally with it.
In addition, in the morning, fill a small juice glass with warm water, and add as much sea salt as you can handle to it and take it first thing.

Foods to avoid during healing time.
Potassium rich foods, bananas in particular.

Adrenal fatigue requires lots of good salt, and as little potassium during healing time as possible, in order to attain full healing. If you do not follow that advice, everything else will not work very well.

Foods to feast on.
Raw milk if you have a source. If not, low temp pasteurized, non homogenized.
Eggs
Meat of all kinds
Lots of real fats, such as butter and raw coconut oil
All the veges you want (blend of cooked and raw)
Whole grains that have been sprouted or fermented, or at least soaked.

Now, I want to assure you that this may seem like a very expensive way to eat, but it really is not.
No junk/processed food, and as high as a 75% reduction in doctor and dental visits makes it actually very affordable :)

Meanwhile, while you wait for your supps to arrive, read through the online portion of this book.
http://gutenberg.net.au/ebooks02/0200251h.html
And see if you library has a copy of Nourishing traditions that you can borrow.

Good blogs to read on traditional foods, are www.cheeseslave.com and www.kellythekitchenkop.com
There are many more, but this is a good start.

S

sunsaver

Olive oil and fish oil, as well as grape juice and blueberry juice have been shown to have positive effects on the brain. And while anxiety and depression are genetic (i got it from my Mom) foods that are high in antioxidants have epigenetic factors which can turn off the expression of those bad genes. By avoiding processed food and hydrogenated oils, i have lost forty pounds, gone from a 40 inch waist to a 32 inch waist, and all of my health problems disappeared. I might get a little bluesy feeling from time to time, but i'll just watch some Britcoms, or a Mel Brooks film and snap right out of it. A glass of red wine every now and then doesn't hurt either.

Bubblingbrooks

Made in Alaska
Reaction score
sunsaver said:
Olive oil and fish oil, as well as grape juice and blueberry juice have been shown to have positive effects on the brain. And while anxiety and depression are genetic (i got it from my Mom) foods that are high in antioxidants have epigenetic factors which can turn off the expression of those bad genes. By avoiding processed food and hydrogenated oils, i have lost forty pounds, gone from a 40 inch waist to a 32 inch waist, and all of my health problems disappeared. I might get a little bluesy feeling from time to time, but i'll just watch some Britcoms, or a Mel Brooks film and snap right out of it. A glass of red wine every now and then doesn't hurt either.
By your diet changes, your endocrine system has been able to recover. We forget that our brain is heavily influenced by our endocrine system. The adrenals and thyroid, more specifically.

Anxiety and depression are not genetic in the way we have been taught, ei, you are just wired that way, because your parents were aired that way. In fact they occur in successive generations due to poor diet maternally and by example.
A mother, who has poor buidling blocks, allows her baby to be nurtured in the womb in such a way that not only do they have the mothers deficiencies, they also aquare additonal deficiencies of their own.

Pottengers Cats explains this very well.
Pottenger proved that it only takes 3 generations with poor diet, to bring a cat to the place it can no longer reproduce.
Today, we are one the 3rd and 4th generations of humans living on an industrial diet. We now have an infertility rate that is reaching 1 in 3.

ETA these deficiencies can be reversed, mostly thru diet. It will take more then one generation to get back to full potential, but it can and is being done today by thousands of like minds.

dragonlaurel

Improvising a more SS life
Reaction score
A very natural diet is a good idea because the brain needs lots of nutrition to function well, especially when there is a genetic tendency to mood disorders.

Something else that you might look into is Rescue Remedy. This is all natural and I've never heard of anyone having side effects from it. It comes in drops, a spray or a lozenge form. The higher levels of nutrition are likely to heal the system and decrease frequency but it could come in handy for the transition period.

Wifezilla

Low-Carb Queen - RIP: 1963-2021
Reaction score
Pottenger proved that it only takes 3 generations with poor diet, to bring a cat to the place it can no longer reproduce.
Today, we are one the 3rd and 4th generations of humans living on an industrial diet. We now have an infertility rate that is reaching 1 in 3.
I think the rise in PCOS is a big sign of that.