What did you do in your garden today?

Hinotori

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
I should clone my cat for you! She ate a ground squirrel from my garden yesterday. She left behind the skull and *EIGHT* fetuses. Not good eating? Too much bone? Such a good kitten! :love:

My cats eat voles, shrews, and jumping mice but won't eat rats. They always eat the heads first the weirdos

murphysranch

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Something got into my Costco greenhouse the other night. I accidentally left the door open. It toppled the two trays from the upper shelf. Didn't get the other two trays on the same shelf tho.
IMG_6484.JPG

tortoise

Wild Hare
Reaction score
Something got into my Costco greenhouse the other night. I accidentally left the door open. It toppled the two trays from the upper shelf. Didn't get the other two trays on the same shelf tho.
View attachment 26245
I vote cat. They know what they're doing:gig

flowerbug

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
I vote cat. They know what they're doing:gig

raccoon is my vote, they tend to get into things if they are fertilized with anything fishy or the potting soil has any fertilizers in it that might smell interesting to them plus they are really curious.

you would never think that any animal would be interested much in onions, but we've had raccoons pull up onion starts that were planted because they could smell the fertilizer that the greenhouse used... they never damaged the onions themselves other than interrupting their early growth and i could get them replanted ASAP they still survived.

Mini Horses

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
I raked, dug, planted seed, transplanted more tomato, pepper, etc. almost crawled out. May never get the dirt out of the knees of my jeans 😵‍💫 bent over so long, barely could stand straight. What a day!! 😳🤔🤣. Buying produce is much easier.

Potato sprouts breaking ground. Other seeds haven't had time to sprout, next week. 👍 Earlier transplants look good, strong. Garden feels way to big at this point 🤣🤣 need to use up seed.

Couple Tylenol made back better. Rains tomorrow. Ground still moist 8" down from last rain, just a half inch or so dry crust.

Found rabbit tracks in there yesterday. Better stay out or it'll be rabbit stew! I'll add chicken wire at couple spots to discourage it.

Last edited:

CrealCritter

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
What we got in the garden so far... peas, something call loofiah (sp) (not sure what it's for but its climbing the fence. I was toad it's a girl thing so I didn't inquire any further), radishes, beets, spinach, carrots, lettuces, potatoes, red white and yellow onions and another row I cant remember what it is. We got a ways to go still yet. Will start again when we can get back in there.

Jesus is Lord and Christ ✝️

Dreamz

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
View attachment 26245

Well, I was so happy that my Sussex decided to go into the coop on her own the last 2 night. Went to my greenhouse and found a mess like that and Sussex. Poor girl was locked up there for 2 days no food or water. :ep I also found 2 eggs,lol

Latest posts