Any Good Mint Recipes Out There?

Kala

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
I just found a BUNCH of mint outside. I guess the previous owners started some of it out there. Anyone have any good recipes involving mint?

ohiofarmgirl

Sipping Bacon Martinis
Reaction score
well... since you asked....

muddle (mash) some mint leaves in the bottom of a tall glass. pour in a huge shot of tequila, add a Mikes Hard Lemonade. only drink if you have finished milking - them goats smell worse when you got your drink on.

;-)

Kala

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
ohiofarmgirl said:
well... since you asked....

muddle (mash) some mint leaves in the bottom of a tall glass. pour in a huge shot of tequila, add a Mikes Hard Lemonade. only drink if you have finished milking - them goats smell worse when you got your drink on.

;-)
:lol: hmmm...I can tell this will already be my favorite...

me&thegals

A Major Squash & Pumpkin Lover
Reaction score
Here's an awesome one, tried and true!

Mint Ice Creambhg.com
2 cups whipping cream
2/3 cup sugar
-1 cup fresh mint or basil
1 cup whole milk

In a medium saucepan, combine cream, sugar and leaves. Cook and stir over medium heat until mixture just begins to boil. Remove from heat; cover; steep for 1 hour. Strain, discarding mint leaves. Add milk to infused cream mixture. Cover and refrigerate 2 hours or overnight, until mixture is completely chilled. Freezer according to ice cream manufacturer instructions.

Wifezilla

Low-Carb Queen - RIP: 1963-2021
Reaction score
Just look up a recipe for a Lynchburg Lemonade and use that instead.

Marianne

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
My aunt always threw in a couple mint leaves when she brewed tea for iced tea. You don't really taste mint, but it makes the tea taste so fresh.

BarredBuff

El Presidente de Pollo
Reaction score
me&thegals said:
Here's an awesome one, tried and true!

Mint Ice Creambhg.com
2 cups whipping cream
2/3 cup sugar
-1 cup fresh mint or basil
1 cup whole milk

In a medium saucepan, combine cream, sugar and leaves. Cook and stir over medium heat until mixture just begins to boil. Remove from heat; cover; steep for 1 hour. Strain, discarding mint leaves. Add milk to infused cream mixture. Cover and refrigerate 2 hours or overnight, until mixture is completely chilled. Freezer according to ice cream manufacturer instructions.
:drool I will have to make that!!!

Marianne I do that as well it gives hot tea a fresher taste, and I put enough in to taste the mint. Its good.