Any Home Remedy for migraines?

FarmerChick

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
wow cackle I feel for you. those must be horrible. luckily no one here get migraines...just some wicked headaches due to sinus things and stress of course.

I hope you find some good relief practices, but when I have the bad headaches, a dark room and quiet, sleep, de-stress works best for me...along with 20 sinus pills..LOL

hope you can nip this some how to make things easier for ya!!

keljonma

Epicurean Goddess
Reaction score
Beekissed said:
I hardly ever have headaches but in times of intense stress they are the size of Texas! Too bad we don't live close...I'm a massage therapist and am known as "the cure" for several of my patients back home! :lol:
Beekissed, I know what you mean about massage. It is great therapy and I usually love massage. But during my migraines, I couldn't stand any thing touching my neck, head, back or arms.

My dd is LMT. When she would ask what I wanted for a present for hbs and holidays, I always said "magic fingers". ;)

Beekissed

Mountain Sage
Reaction score
Oh, keljonma, the time for a massage is before you get a migraine! :D Then you may not have anymore! :) Not just a Swedish massage, by any means, but some very well placed and properly done trigger point technique can keep a migraine at bay for a good long time!

Lucky you to have a LMT in the family! Wish I did!

:(

keljonma

Epicurean Goddess
Reaction score
Beekissed said:
Oh, keljonma, the time for a massage is before you get a migraine! :D Then you may not have anymore! :) Not just a Swedish massage, by any means, but some very well placed and properly done trigger point technique can keep a migraine at bay for a good long time!

Lucky you to have a LMT in the family! Wish I did!
:(
Yes, dd has 4 specialties as LMT .... Swedish, Sports, Therapeutic, and Pediatric & Adolescent. She also was learning Reiki and is certified (I'll probably misspell this) phlebotomist (draws blood).

I know before is best. But because I was always an irregular kinda gal, I never knew when I was going to be on the migraine roller-coaster. So I had to wait until after - or get one once a week - which wasn't in the schedule. :D I don't get the migraines anymore, so age has an advantage here. ;)

Latest posts