Any one in California hear about this?

user251

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
API news reports a Navy captain and a chief petty officer on board an un named ship have died as a result of complications from the H1N1 vaccine. The report said the ship was quarintined at sea for 21 days as they sent 11 doctors to assist. Several people were reported to have the flu on the ship. They were apparently forced to take the vaccine as a "study" and many of them ended up with the flu from it. The ship was supposed to port in San Diego yesterday between 11A.M and 4 P.M. What are yall hearing?

2dream

Flibbertigibbet
Reaction score
I have not seen this but am not at all surprised. What will surprise me will be if that news actually makes it out to the masses on a new cast worded in that way.

Farmfresh

City Biddy
Reaction score
I have heard none of this and my SIL is stationed in San Diego on a ship. I'll let you know if I hear any news. I think this is probably a hoax.

user251

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
i hope it is a hoax, the story supposedly came from the captains wife who was told not to talk about it. it probably is a hoax.

ohiofarmgirl

Sipping Bacon Martinis
Reaction score
Blackbird said:
Sounds like an NCIS rerun. :pop
oh hey did you watch the new season opener??? and the LA version?? yay! i love that LL Cool J in on it but the show seems like a commercial for new technology (yawn)....

Dace

Revolution in Progress
Reaction score
I have not heard any thing locally on the news.

I am not sure that I would believe it to be a hoax over the option that no one is reporting it intentionally. I hate to sound paranoid, because I am not, but I do not trust the government OR the media :smack

TanksHill

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
I don't think the issue is weather or not someone actually got sick or even died. Unfortunately that would not be something new. The quarantine is not the issue either, we have had plenty of those already.

I think the real question is weather or not it was the vaccine that actually caused them to get sick in the first place.

I don't take flu shots and do not give them to my family. This one will be at the top of the list to avoid.

g