Anyone dry flowers or herbs for selling?

Beekissed

Mountain Sage
Reaction score
@Beekissed do you recall the results of your flower drying? I have considered getting into dried flowers. (First I need the flowers to grow... :rolleyes:)

The ones in the Borax turned out very well and the ones in the attic did fairly well also, but life got away from me and I never did pursue the dried flowers further for one reason or another. Loved doing it, though.

sumi

Rest in Peace 1980-2020
Reaction score
Many years ago my MIL's best friend dried and sold flowers. She sold them at markets and probably elsewhere, I don't know the details, but I heard she was very successful with the business.

milkmansdaughter

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
After my Dad's funeral, we saved and dried all the roses, and larger petaled cut flowers. We separated the different colors, and laid them out on a plastic table covered with paper towels.
As they dried, we just peeled off each layer. After everything was dried we brought them to a local lady who crushed them and made beads out of them. My mom, two sisters and I, my 5 sisters in law, and all of the grand daughter's got bracelets made from these beads. My mom's is unique. The three sisters match each other's. The 5 sister in laws bracelets match. And all of the granddaughters got matching bracelets. It's a really wonderful keepsake.

There are many videos and instructions online on how to make jewelry from flower petals. We had ours made by a lady who does it as a business with her handicapped daughter.