Anyone else bug Congress?

FarmerChick

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
RTR have ya seen the research starting about alternative power?
they --whoever they are---say that wind power will keep warmer air etc. to the ground and solar is just a sun magnetic that effects the ground, etc. etc. etc......hmm...alternative is needed but again, at what price?

I haven't looked into it deeply but now with it becoming so much needed, all the bad side effects of what we create again is coming to the top of the pile.

just chatting and throwing out some thought on alternative stuff.....

RTRChick

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
FarmerChick said:
RTR have ya seen the research starting about alternative power?
they --whoever they are---say that wind power will keep warmer air etc. to the ground and solar is just a sun magnetic that effects the ground, etc. etc. etc......hmm...alternative is needed but again, at what price?

I haven't looked into it deeply but now with it becoming so much needed, all the bad side effects of what we create again is coming to the top of the pile.

just chatting and throwing out some thought on alternative stuff.....
I think the people who are opposed to wind energy because of the birds made up that rumor. But who knows? I know my Geology professor was big into Geothermal energy. I could ask him about that I guess, or just research it. And BTW I appreciate the chatting and throwing out of ideas :) . I need help with it, for some reason I just feel led to do something about this crisis. Wind energy might just be a temporary solution.

I've also heard the T. Boone Pickens plan of wind energy is just a way to make Texas pay higher prices for water. I don't really remember how that worked out, but just thought I'd throw that info out there as well.

FarmerChick

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
I've also heard the T. Boone Pickens plan of wind energy is just a way to make Texas pay higher prices for water. I don't really remember how that worked out, but just thought I'd throw that info out there as well.

********now that is a new one on me, haven't heard that! but then again there is so much out there I haven't heard..HA HA

I also "heard" that wind power disrupts the magnetic field and such for birds. those migrating and such.

we sure do need alternatives to oil and the lesser of evils I believe would be wind and solar but again, along with that will come its own new sets of problems.

I guess no matter what we humans do for our survival is going to effect earth regardless. So we do the best we can I hope! :)

RTRChick

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
FarmerChick said:

********now that is a new one on me, haven't heard that! but then again there is so much out there I haven't heard..HA HA

I also "heard" that wind power disrupts the magnetic field and such for birds. those migrating and such.

we sure do need alternatives to oil and the lesser of evils I believe would be wind and solar but again, along with that will come its own new sets of problems.

I guess no matter what we humans do for our survival is going to effect earth regardless. So we do the best we can I hope! :)
FarmerChick, I found a youtube link that "sort" of explains it, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=70HFEHB6dag

ETA oops not very clear in my post, I meant the T. Boone Picken's plan for water thing..

As for the birds migrating, I think their migration has already been disrupted and wildlife conservationist are working on it. There is probably no real alternative that wouldn't affect the environment, we just need to be as safe as possible and keep working on ways to reduce our carbon footprint instead of wasting effort on going to mars..

spiderman

Power Conserver
Reaction score
Here in VT, there was 'sposed to be wind turbines put up, but then those who own houses that have a massive property value due to their view of the mountains, opposed the six turbines, that would "tarnish their view!" Can you believe it?

Anyway, this guy down the road from me has one, uno, singular one turbine. He has enough power to power his sheep farm and house, then sell his surplus to the state to power a whole grid! And this is even more amazing, he had it up for six months before i realized it!

RTRChick

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Thats wonderful! I'm always happy to hear about wind energy being used! I don't see how it could be considered ugly, I'd be soo proud to see some around here. Wouldn't it be wonderful to know that not only are you being self sufficient, but you're also making a profit from a wind turbine?

ya know spiderman, if your neighbor can do it, I bet you could too!

Latest posts