Anyone ever used stuff from this site?

k0xxx

Mr. Sunshine
Reaction score
I purchased some KI tablets from them some time back. They had a much better price than some other online sources, and the package arrived within a reasonable time.

Rebecka

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
I got our bug out packs from them and the guys really like their site for all kinds of stuff that doesnt fall in the budget. They tend to be accurate with describing products and quick with shipping. The guys are always quite excited when the stuff they ordered arrives.

AL

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
I have considered some basics from them, but don't want to spend a bunch of money for a sham. Did you get any of the freeze dried food from Mountain House?

Rebecka

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
No. We don't do freeze dried food around here except for packs. Even then I really question how much nutrition really remains. IMHO, dehydrated foods retain more nutrition and fats so we dehydrate what goes into the bug out packs. They really arent that much more weight and even if they are, in my mind thats the stuff your body needs. I am not saying I am correct, just what I believe.

ToLiveToLaugh

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
I haven't bought from that site, but I've had Mountain House freeze dried food for backpacking. It held up well and tasted fine.

sufficientforme

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
I have some Mountain House in our emergency kit. We have tried a few (before food allergies) we all loved the lasagna, it tasted fresh and right on flavor wise, we have also tried the eggs with bacon, the kids loved it, I thought they constituted well but tasted weird to me. The entrees though that we have tried have been decent and would get you by in a emergency for sure. I would buy them again if I needed to. I have tried Provident Pantry's milk (blue with cow on it) at www.beprepared.com it is the BEST dried milk, my kids could not tell the difference when it was cold. I have also tried several of the Provident Pantry brand of freeze dried and it is good. Sometimes these companies have sample boxes, I would contact the manufacturer and see if they are available. We do not eat this type of food on a regular basis but in an emergency after the fresh runs out, it is better than nothing.

sufficientforme

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
I need to look into those further, the problem I have found is they need to be dairy and egg free.

Latest posts