Anyone got any good DIY thanksgiving decorations?

MistyWeeg13

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Pine cones. Cut out a turkey head of red construction paper, draw a face on it and glue in a pine cone. Toothpick legs, it's ok to cheat and use 4 LOL. Draw and cut out a fan tail, glue at back, (wide end) of pine cone.

Pine cones also make good Christmas tree decorations, great to do with little kids. Spray paint them. Roll in bowls of clue, then in bowls of glitter. Can do with sweet gum tree balls too.
Awesome! Thank you! I will give these a try!

tortoise

Wild Hare
Reaction score
I need to do something with my kids for Thanksgiving decorations. (Meh) construction paper leaves? IDK.

tortoise

Wild Hare
Reaction score
I bought a few harvest / Thanksgiving decor items this year. Everything is paper or wood so it's reusable and can be burned or composted at the end of its life cycle. I haven't gotten to the DIY part of painting them yet.

Trying2keepitReal

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
We don't really celebrate the standard holidays year, but lean more towards the Pagan celebrations of the seasons, since that is what our home life works around. We have colored popping corn hung on the cupboard handles, pumpkins and squash on tables, door steps, by the chicken coop ;) and we do have a jar of colored beans too that we grew this year