Anyone have this book?

ams3651

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
when i clicked Amazon said it had used from $38....still a little pricy but not totally out there

Sunny

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Around october of last year I saw this book sell on ebay for only $20.00! I didnt have the money then, but I wish I could have bought it now.. Since it is so hard to get ahold of.. And they had it under the title homesteading.. They didnt even list its title.. I just happened to come across it.. Bummer..

Henrietta23

Yard Farmer
Reaction score
I just got this email from a friend who works at the library:
"We have an old copy of How To Live On Almost Nothing And Have Plenty by Chadwick, something you requested, and we are in the process of discarding. I am holding it for you as a discard...we do not want it back...and I will bring it to church on Sunday for you...if that is good. (In the meantime it is sitting on my desk, not out in reserves.) "

Henrietta23

Yard Farmer
Reaction score
She called me today to say that she'd forgotten to cancel my request and they'd gotten a really nice hardcover copy from across the state. That must be the $2,000 version! The $38 one mentioned above must have sold. Cheapeset is now just under $50.

nightshade

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
yea let me know if it so worth it before I start to search for a copy on ebay. The funds to buy iy by the looks of things would go a long way else wheres.

Henrietta23

Yard Farmer
Reaction score
Sorry!!! Just found the request for a review. I enjoyed reading the chapters that pertained to my lifestyle very much. I'll thumb back through it more and give a better review when school gets out. It isn't anything I'd want to spend more than say $20 on. I'm thrilled I got it for free!

davaroo

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
One copy on alibris.com - $162

Its actually a good title. Once you buy the book, you pretty much have to do what it tells you - since you wont have much money left!