Anyone heard this on the news?

hennypenny9

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
We're a smaller, quieter bunch on SS, I think. Which is why I kinda drifted away from BYC for the time being. (that and I actually have no chickens) Anyway, my mom watched two of her brothers die from cancer. It was caused by their work-place. They got chemo. Don't even get her started on the subject. If she was on SS, she would get this thread closed, LOL. Also, you're the only other person I've seen refer to the treatments as "poison burn or slash." My mom is fond of the saying. Anyone have that info from John's Hopkins? That was an interesting read, to be sure!

Blackbird

Goat Whisperer
Reaction score
I have to agree with that Henny.

If all the hell I've heard about chemo, I'd be very hesitant to go with it.

However, if it was me, and it was a high chance of dieing, I'd just rather die in peace.

Reaction score
My sister had 2nd stage breast cancer. She did the chemo thing without a mastectomy and is a 5 year survivor. It was hell for her. She decided she was going to fight it and she did.

If there was a low chance of a cure, less than 20% I would probably just ask for morphine instead. You never know till it's your turn though.

Reaction score
Wifezilla said:
I strongly believe that diet plays a HUGE role in cancer. That being said, if it was me or my kid, I would give them the chemo while using diet and vitamins.
I think I would have to agree with you.

2dream

Flibbertigibbet
Reaction score
I have been watching the news on this particular story. And I have very mixed emotions on how the mother handled things.

Yes they boy had one treatment. And maybe the effects of that one treatment were enough to discourage more. I don't know since I was not there.

I think one of my biggest concerns here is the government interferance. Whats happened to parents rights and religious freedom? If they change more laws, where will the law changes leave people like the Amish? In most states we are already required to allow Dr's to give our babies shots for all sorts or things from the minute they pop out of the womb. Where I live if you don't get the shots the Dr has to report you to Human Services and they come take your child away from you. No matter how good a parent you are in every other respect.

I agree that parents are not always right.....but....we are always parents. And no it does not equal ownership, but we should have certain rights where our children are concerned.

And we all know that government rules and laws never have the words, "except in certain circumstances" or "if the parents can show that the alternative has worked" or any other exceptions. It is just an across the board "this is the way it is".

It appears that Dad does not agree with Mom here so I think that makes this particular case very debateable.

The good thing about this forum is that these topics very seldom turn nasty. Which is why you don't see a lot of locked threads here. Everyone has a view and personal feelings and we can normally post them as long as we show respect.

SKR8PN

Late For Supper
Reaction score
Here is my $.02 for what it is worth....

I have had to watch 3 of my 4 grandparents die from cancer. My dad died of lung cancer that was never diagnosed until it was way to late...like they can do much for lung cancer, other than remove a lung, NOT my (or my fathers idea) of living. 3 aunts and 2 uncles taken by cancer. My X FIL, and his wife both passed from cancer.....my wifes dad passed from cancer....
OK....so the "medical profession" claims they can "cure" certain cancers....they cut, they slash,they poison you with chemicals and they burn you with radiation. THAT is all they offer. More than likely it is chemicals and radiation that CAUSES 95% of cancer to begin with!! No thanks. Tell me I have cancer? Give me a LOT of morphine and some time to be with loved ones and myself, thankyouverymuch.
I also have to wonder just how many of these cancer cures, are really cancer to begin with??? You know that is why they call it the "practice" of Medicine.......because they are still experimenting to see what will or will not work. :rolleyes:

OK... off my soapbox for now.

farmerlor

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
This particular kind of cancer IS very highly curable with chemo. This is one of the ones the doctors see on the dx page and breathe a sigh of relief knowing that this patient isn't going to die. Yes, chemo is poison and yes, it's hard on the body but right now there are thousands and thousands of people who beat this very form of cancer out there walking around with no lasting ill effects from their treatment. I don't like the government interfering in parents' choices or anyone's medical choices but this is one of those times when the parents are endangering their child with no valid argument.

Mackay

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
I've been following this story in detail, at least as much as the media allows.

Lou Dobbs had a report on this story last week. He had the mother of a young man who faced the same diagnosis and chemo treatments back in 95. They chose to not do chemo and to do alterntive therapy, which did cure him. This young man, now 26 years old had been to visit this missing mother and son in early may.

His name is Billy Best and below is his website telling of his cure with alternative medicine. A really fine looking young man at age 26 now. I searched Dobbs website and they did not post the story that they had broadcast on CNN. 714X, from Canada, is what Billy used along with Essiac and nutritional changes for Hodgkins Disease, which he no longer has....Billy went and met with the Danny Houser family in early May, about 2 weeks before their disappearance when the court ordered Danny's family to seek chemotherapy for him.

Billy Best

Cancer agency won't study alternative therapy - The Boston Globe
From the website:
"Billy also used 714X for 6 months. This is an all natural injection that boosts the immune system and is manufactured in Canada. For more information about this treatment call CERBE Distribution in Quebec, the manufacturer of 714X at (819) 564-7883 or Sue and Bill Best at (508) 378-2274. " from Billy's website

jambunny

Power Conserver
Reaction score
I also am torn, not about which treatment so much as government involvement, and people who sell snake oil treatments. I know that some of the natural alternatives are very effective so don't get me wrong. I also am a nurse and the daughter of 2 cancer survivors who used the normal medicine for treatment. If it was my child I probably would try both because I would definantly not want to miss anything that might save my child. We also have a friend who had this particular cancer over 20 years ago, got chemo, and is a very healthy man now.

Wifezilla

Low-Carb Queen - RIP: 1963-2021
Reaction score
More than likely it is chemicals and radiation that CAUSES 95% of cancer to begin with!!
No, actually it is a high sugar and carbohydrate diet combined with some genetic vulnerability.

http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2008/02/080225112604.htm
http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2007/11/071127161824.htm
http://www.time.com/time/health/article/0,8599,1662484,00.html
http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2004/08/040806094822.htm

Some families tend to get obese and/or develop type 2 diabetes on a high carbohydrate diet (like mine). Other families get cancer. Some get the whole shebang.

Unfortunately if you get cancer, they tell you to be sure to eat plenty of whole grains and fruit...which just provide more fuel for your cancer. It's all just more sugar after all. Then they tell you to avoid fat which is one fuel normal cells can use (in the form of ketone bodies) but cancer cells cant.