Anyone heard this on the news?

jfarms

Power Conserver
Reaction score
If it was my son or daughter i would be wanting to do everything possible to cure them of this cancer... Who wants to see their child suffer and die..If the doctors can cure this I would be there...thats just my 2 cents.. :)

hennypenny9

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Wow, is that true about the shots? I've never had one shot in my whole life, and have done lots of research about it, and believe my mom made the right call. Do research (especially before you flame me about it).This makes me very upset to hear. This is another reason why I want the government to butt out.

2dream

Flibbertigibbet
Reaction score
Hennypenny - it is true here in my state. Each state has different rules and laws. Here it is a must - a child can not enter into daycare or any public or private school system without their "required vaccines". My daughter wanted to wait to start her daughter on shots until she was older. She was informed by the local health department that if she did make that choice they would have to report her. All she could do from that point was demand single dose vials of the meds and that the nurse bring the vial into the room before drawing up the meds. That way she could see that the medication was shaken good plus it was her only way to ensure single dose vials. Fortunately she was lucky that the Dr and nurse were understanding about the whole thing.

So I do have issues with government interference - and your parents made the decision they did and it worked well for you and them. I can not imagine anyone flaming you for that. (Of course, I know there are people out there that might, I just don't think those people are here on this forum.)

hennypenny9

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
My stance on vaccinations is not a popular one, so I usually get mean comments. I never met one of my uncles because he had seizures and died only days after receiving a round of shots. (Maybe, MMR, I can't remember right now) So I've read up on this topic a LOT. I checked, Washington State still has a "philosophical" option. My mom says that she just asked for the opt out form, checked philosophical, and there was no problem. The teachers often told her this option did NOT exist, and believed her only after she asked for the form and physically pointed out the option.

At least your daughter went the safest way available. Another thing is to make sure the child is not sick at the time of the shot. An already compromised immune system is more likely to react badly to a vaccine.

I've taken this off topic, sorry. I took some time to read up on natural cures for cancer. It's a tough topic. I hope I never have to make such a decision, but I would seriously consider trying diet and other options.

Reaction score
Just heard on the news that the Mom and Boy are back. Sounds to me like she's just having a hard time dealing with the cancer. Sure can't blame her. We had to take foster children to the Childrens Hospital on a regular basis and it was heartbreaking seeing some of the kids. So many had cancer. It doesn't seem fair when children have to deal with that.

Mackay

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Especially when many of the childhood cancers are caused by vaccination, especially the polio vaccine. Look into SV40 virus and polio vaccine. This virus, they now think is sexually transmitted, so it has become a real plague, that of course the medical establishment is choosing to ignore.

Mackay

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Please explain to me why carbs cause cancer again. Through out the last 3,000 years people have relied on heavily on carbs for survival as the food is storable, and easy to produce such as rice, wheat, oats, potatoes. Cancer has not been even near the leading cause of death until our life times.

Statistically the incidence of cancer has skyrocketed over the last 50 years and appears to be likely increasing. It appears to me that cancer is a disease of modern technically advanced civilization not just carbohydrate intake. 1050 years ago a doctor saw few cancer cases and people ate lots of carbs.

And on top of that I was never a big carb eater, In fact when I got cancer at the age of 26 I had been into raw food for 3 years, eating only veggies, and only the most moderate fruit intake, doing wheat grass, and a multitude of organic veggie juices... your argument surely does not add up to me.

Wifezilla

Low-Carb Queen - RIP: 1963-2021
Reaction score
Statistically the incidence of cancer has skyrocketed over the last 50 years and appears to be likely increasing. It appears to me that cancer is a disease of modern technically advanced civilization not just carbohydrate intake
In a nut shell...
Too many omega 6 fatty acids and not enough omega 3's
Too many easily digestible, over processed grains and starches (main reason)
Too many vegetable oils and not enough meat and saturated fat
High fructose corn syrup
Heat processing of grains, starches and oils instead of traditional methods used for centuries

Details....
Cancer, heart disease, type 2 diabetes, etc... are all considered diseases of civilization. They tend to emerge in populations at the same time and it appears to be from the same cause...elevated blood sugar and high insulin levels. In "Good Calories Bad Calories" by Gary Taubes, he outlines several primative populations in different parts of the world that were extensively studied when contact with "civilization" was first made and the dietary changes in these populations with ongoing contact western cultures. Once flour and sugar became dietary staples and their native foods (often high in saturated fat) were replaced, the diseases of civilization became common. Many cultures that did not even have a word for cancer ( and only had a very few cases reported by the missionaries and medical staff) started having cases of cancer and diabetes become quite common.

The primary reason for cancer is refined sugar and flour. As for rice, there is a big difference between brown rice and polished white rice. All that polishing is new. Same with oats. Big difference between instant oatmeal and slow cooked oats. Cooking methods also played a large part. Many cultures used soaking, fermenting, or sprouting to neutralize naturally occurring anti-nutrients in their grains and starches. With westerization, those methods went away. http://www.westonaprice.org/foodfeatures/be_kind.html

Heat processing of modern grains is also an issue. It destroys vitamins and turns the natural fats rancid. These rancid fats are a big contributor to heart disease. A diet high in grains also tends to be low in omega 3 fatty acids. " Excess consumption of polyunsaturated oils has been shown to contribute to a large number of disease conditions including increased cancer and heart disease; immune system dysfunction; damage to the liver, reproductive organs and lungs; digestive disorders; depressed learning ability; impaired growth; and weight gain.31

One reason the polyunsaturates cause so many health problems is that they tend to become oxidized or rancid when subjected to heat, oxygen and moisture as in cooking and processing. Rancid oils are characterized by free radicals-that is, single atoms or clusters with an unpaired electron in an outer orbit. These compounds are extremely reactive chemically. They have been characterized as "marauders" in the body for they attack cell membranes and red blood cells and cause damage in DNA/RNA strands, thus triggering mutations in tissue, blood vessels and skin. Free radical damage to the skin causes wrinkles and premature aging; free radical damage to the tissues and organs sets the stage for tumors; free radical damage in the blood vessels initiates the buildup of plaque. Is it any wonder that tests and studies have repeatedly shown a high correlation between cancer and heart disease with the consumption of polyunsaturates?32 New evidence links exposure to free radicals with premature aging, with autoimmune diseases such as arthritis and with Parkinson's disease, Lou Gehrig's disease, Alzheimer's and cataracts.33
Too Much Omega-6

Problems associated with an excess of polyunsaturates are exacerbated by the fact that most polyunsaturates in commercial vegetable oils are in the form of double unsaturated omega-6 linoleic acid, with very little of vital triple unsaturated omega-3 linolenic acid. Recent research has revealed that too much omega-6 in the diet creates an imbalance that can interfere with production of important prostaglandins.34 This disruption can result in increased tendency to form blood clots, inflammation, high blood pressure, irritation of the digestive tract, depressed immune function, sterility, cell proliferation, cancer and weight gain.35 "

Another problem is the reduction in the amount of meat and saturated fat we eat. Other than vitamin C, meat (muscle and organ) contains all the vitamins and minerals needed for health. Saturated fat appears to be protective of heart disease and other illness. What have we reduced dramatically over the last 30-50 years? Saturated fat and meat consumption.
"In a multi-year British study involving several thousand men, half were asked to reduce saturated fat and cholesterol in their diets, to stop smoking and to increase the amounts of unsaturated oils such as margarine and vegetable oils. After one year, those on the "good" diet had 100% more deaths than those on the "bad" diet, in spite of the fact that those men on the "bad" diet continued to smoke! But in describing the study, the author ignored these results in favor of the politically correct conclusion: "The implication for public health policy in the U.K. is that a preventive programme such as we evaluated in this trial is probably effective. . . .

The U.S. Multiple Risk Factor Intervention Trial, (MRFIT) sponsored by the National Heart, Lung and Blood Institute, compared mortality rates and eating habits of over 12,000 men. Those with "good" dietary habits (reduced saturated fat and cholesterol, reduced smoking, etc.) showed a marginal reduction in total coronary heart disease, but their overall mortality from all causes was higher. Similar results have been obtained in several other studies. The few studies that indicate a correlation between fat reduction and a decrease in coronary heart disease mortality also document a concurrent increase in deaths from cancer, brain hemorrhage, suicide and violent death.6"

Your reaction to a raw veggie diet is not unusual...
"The most well-known advocate of the lowfat diet was Nathan Pritikin. Actually, Pritikin advocated elimination of sugar, white flour and all processed foods from the diet and recommended the use of fresh raw foods, whole grains and a strenuous exercise program; but it was the lowfat aspects of his regime that received the most attention in the media. Adherents found that they lost weight and that their blood cholesterol levels and blood pressure declined. The success of the Pritikin diet was probably due to a number of factors having nothing to do with reduction in dietary fat-weight loss alone, for example, will precipitate a reduction in blood cholesterol levels-but Pritikin soon found that the fat-free diet presented many problems, not the least of which was the fact that people just could not stay on it. Those who possessed enough will power to remain fat-free for any length of time developed a variety of health problems including low energy, difficulty in concentration, depression, weight gain and mineral deficiencies.1 Pritikin may have saved himself from heart disease but his lowfat diet did not spare him from cancer. He died, in the prime of life, of suicide when he realized that his Spartan regime was not curing his leukemia."

Most cancer tumors feed on glucose. The rest appear to grow because of hormones or other causes. Here is the mechanism by how it works...
"Sugar keeps cancer cells alive. I've shown you in the past how sugar feeds cancer cells. But it does more than that. Glucose--the "safe" form of sugar found in most fruits and tomato products--also affects the programmed death of cancer cells. Let me explain.

All cells contain programs within them that determine the length of their life and death cycle. And all cells use glucose as food. Healthy cells contain growth factors that regulate glucose metabolism glucose But cancer cells are different. Cancer cells can avoid this programmed cell death and stay alive, by making a protein called Akt. Akt is a molecule used to send signals from cell to cell. These signals help cancer cells use glucose, which, in turn, regulates the proteins that cancer cells need to live. So Akt needs glucose to stay alive. The Akt then allows cells to survive when they shouldn't. And the cells bring in more glucose for the Akt. It's a cycle that allows the cancer cells to short-circuit the normal process that ends in cell death.

You haven't heard about this before because researchers just discovered this association between cancer cells and glucose. Jonathan Coloff, a graduate student in Duke University's Department of Pharmacology pharmacology, study of the changes produced in living animals by chemical substances, especially the actions of drugs, substances used to treat disease. Systematic investigation of the effects of drugs based on animal experimentation and the use of isolated and and Cancer Biology, led the study that came to this conclusion. He and his research team presented his findings at the American Association of Cancer Research Annual Meeting this past April. "

There is a very interesting article here http://www.proteinpower.com/drmike/...iculturalists-and-hunter-gatherers/#more-2877 about a hunter gatherer society (Indian Knoll) and their health vs an agricultural society in the same area that appeared later (Hardin Village).

" 1. Life expectancies for both sexes at all ages were lower at Hardin Village than at Indian Knoll.
2. Infant mortality was higher at Hardin Village.
3. Iron-deficiency anemia of sufficient duration to cause bone changes was absent at Indian Knoll, but present at Hardin Village, where 50 percent of cases occurred in children under age five.
4. Growth arrest episodes at Indian Knoll were periodic and more often of short duration and were possibly due to food shortage in late winter; those at Hardin Village occurred randomly and were more often of long duration, probably indicative of disease as a causative agent.
5. More children suffered infections at Hardin Village than at Indian Knoll.
6. The syndrome of periosteal inflammation was more common at Hardin Village than at Indian Knoll.
7. Tooth decay was rampant at Hardin Village and led to early abscessing and tooth loss; decay was unusual at Indian Knoll and abscessing occurred later in life because of severe wear to the teeth. The differences in tooth wear and caries rate are very likely attributable to dietary differences between the two groups.

Overall, the agricultural Hardin Villagers were clearly less healthy than the Indian Knollers, who lived by hunting and gathering."

" The health and nutrition situation at Hardin Village may profitably be compared with that in modern peasant villages. In may of these, children are typically fairly healthy until weaned. At this time they are introduced to a soft diet consisting largely of carbohydrates (in much of Africa and Central America, a pap is made of sugar, water, and maize flour: in Jamaica green bananas replace maize). In many cases, within a few weeks or months these children develop diarrhea, lose weight, suffer multiple infections, and may eventually develop the form of protein-energy malnutrition called kwashiorkor. In this disorder caloric intake is usually adequate, but protein and other nutrient intakes are extremely limited; without modern hospital care many victims die.

At Hardin Village the highest rate of death occurs between the second and fourth years of life. This is typical for a population experiencing weaning problems. Considering the softness of the adult diet and the high caries rate of both children and adults, it is not unlikely that the children were weaned onto a corn pap of some type.

The high prevalence of childhood infection, severity of growth arrest in the first few years of life, and the existence of iron-deficiency anemia all point to a situation at Hardin Village analogous to those in modern peasant villages. In other words the evidence supports a hypothesis that malnutrition began with weaning at Hardin Village, sometimes resulted in kwashiorkor, and continued at low level just enough to reduce the resistance of the population to infectious disease throughout the life of the individual."

hennypenny9

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Fascinating. Does olive oil count as a veggie oil? Also, I read the ingredients of all the food in my pantry and am very sad. Why in the world would BOTH soy and canola be in plain bread crumbs? (I just use the container for the breadcrumbs I make) What about the full long cooking oats, and wheat farina?