Anyone make their own pasta?

Corona~Barb

Enjoys Recycling
Reaction score
Same here, Mom used to make handmade noodles when I was a kid. She never took the time to teach me how to do it, and she's gone now. :( I loved those thick chewy noodles. Guess I need to step up and give it a try myself.

Bimpnottin

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
I make my own "pumpkin patch noodles" (gotta love the kids' names for things)

Only problem is that there is no such thing as an exact measurement in my house, so I'll try to recreate it:

1 cup cooked pumpkin/squash - same difference
2 eggs
tsp of salt
flour until it's smooth

I mix this in my kitchenaid and add the last flour while I'm rolling it out.

I roll them out in a couple of batches with plenty of bench flour down. Then, I just let the kids use a butterknife to cut them out. We usually end up with squares, kinda. ;) When they are cut, they need to be put back in flour, because with the pumpkin, they get sticky. So, we just dump them in flour and then let them dry in the cookie sheet. They freeze really well, after they are dried a bit, put the whole cookie sheet in the freezer and then put in a bag. That way, you can pull out what you need for a meal without thawing all of them.

I cook them in really salty water, until they float. I usually make a sage butter sauce to go over them. But, they are really good in a creamy alfredo, or even with some butter, honey, and cinnamon.:thumbsup

calendula

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Bimpnottin said:

Only problem is that there is no such thing as an exact measurement in my house, so I'll try to recreate it:

2 eggs
tsp of salt
flour until it's smooth

I roll them out in a couple of batches with plenty of bench flour down. Then, I just let the kids use a butterknife to cut them out. We usually end up with squares, kinda. ;) When they are cut, they need to be put back in flour, because with the pumpkin, they get sticky. So, we just dump them in flour and then let them dry in the cookie sheet. They freeze really well, after they are dried a bit, put the whole cookie sheet in the freezer and then put in a bag. That way, you can pull out what you need for a meal without thawing all of them.

I cook them in really salty water, until they float. I usually make a sage butter sauce to go over them. But, they are really good in a creamy alfredo, or even with some butter, honey, and cinnamon.:thumbsup
:drool That sounds really yummy!

Damummis

Microfarmer
Reaction score
Bimpnottin said:

2 eggs
tsp of salt
flour until it's smooth

Just like my pumpkin gnocchi.
Made goat milk ricotta stuffed raviolis the other day, yum.