Anyone used ThredUp? How it works

Quail_Antwerp

Cold is on the Right, Hot is on The Left
Reaction score
haven't used it, but keljonma had told me about it.

Bubblingbrooks

Made in Alaska
Reaction score
For those curious, you sign up, then wait for them to send you 10 medium priority boxes, prepaid and addressed.
Then you fill one or more with the nice clothes that you want to pass on, follow the instructions on the info needed on the items in the box, for the website, then mail it to ThredUp.
You can also shop for a box that fits your needs, at a total cost of $15.95.
Members are encouraged to stuff that boxes to the max, so everyone gets their moneys worth.
Not bad, for never having to pay to mail in your contribution!

LovinLife

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Let me know how it works out for you. I always get emails asking me to sign up so I'm curious. :p

clkingtx

Power Conserver
Reaction score
I signed up for it a couple of months ago, when they were running a special promotion. I was able to get a box for just a couple of dollars. It had about 5 items in it, only 3 that she could really use, all items were in acceptable condition. If I had paid the full amount, I would have been really disappointed. I had listed a box. The problem I found, is if no one picks your box; then you can't fulfill that part of your trade. You don't send the filled boxes to ThredUp until someone else picks them.

I also had a problem finding stuff for my daughter. We don't wear pants or shorts, and I prefer longer(below knee length) skirts and dresses, for modesty. I really couldn't find enough to justify paying that for them. I was finding that of the boxes I saw listed for her size, there might be one or two things that I would dress her in. For 15.95, it just wasn't worth it to me.

BUT... I live in a city with a population of over 100,000; and we have at least 2 Goodwills(where kids clothes are 1-2 dollars an item). There weren't a lot of listings for the size we needed(maybe 10 total)They may have more of a selection for clothes in the size you need. Also our Walmarts run clearance on clothing all the time. If you don't have those stores near you, then it might be a great deal for you.

I hope it works out for you, I think it is a really neat concept!

Hope that helps