anything natural for a burn?

the funny farm6

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
D1 said:
Beekissed said:
My kids all learned to walk around an unguarded wood stove as toddlers...not permanent scarring to be found. Wood heat is just a fact of life for some and sometimes ya just get burned. Then you learn to NOT get burned if you can help it but sometimes it happens anyway.
EXPERIENCE= the worlds cruelist teacher :lol: sorry bout your DD getting burned and I hope your feeling better today funny farm
thanks, i am feeling better today- but dont tell the kids yet, they are being helpfull. lol

ORChick

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Honey is indeed a good thing to use on burns, and most of us have some on hand. A couple of other things that I have found very helpful for small burns, and try to keep around the house, are aloe vera and lavender essential oil. I keep an aloe vera plant on the kitchen window sill, and just split a piece of the leaf and smear the insides on the burn. Lavender oil is excellent for killing the pain, and reducing scarring. The big advantage of the oil is that it soaks into the skin, and so isn't as messy as honey.

SkyM

Sustainable Newbie
Reaction score
From the photo it looks like a minor burn. You can treat the burn scar with Aloe Vera. Simply cut a small piece of the aloe vera leaf, and apply the fresh gel directly on the burn for a few months. Soon the scar will not be there.

so lucky

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Lavender essential oil works great for burns. Just put it right on the burn.

the funny farm6

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
alternated honey and triple antibiotic ointment, and it has healed pretty nicely! still raw in a few places but better than i thought it would heal by now.

me&thegals

A Major Squash & Pumpkin Lover
Reaction score
the funny farm6 said:
thanks. i felt bad that she did it trying to help me out.

i guess it should be noted that she is 15 and is the only one of the girls that is alowed to do anything with the wood stove. it isnt like i sent a 5 yr old out to do it. on another group (NOT THIS ONE) someone said i was irisponsable cause she was loading the stove. we realy need a rolling eyes smiley!
My 10 year old and 12 year old regularly build fires inside and outside our home. I would not consider you irresponsible at all. I think this generation tries to remove ALL risk and in doing so removes a lot of skills and abilities.

I would suggest aloe vera.

the funny farm6

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
her hand yesterday:
4137_033.jpg

Old Sew'n'Sew

All Strings Considered
Reaction score
Colloidal silver. (Burned my arm on the wood stove yesterday.:hit) Immediately run cold water over burn for a couple of minutes or longer if needed, then dab with liquid colloidal silver on a cotton ball every few hours til the pain stops. (If the burn is large or deep go to the emergency room!)

Do not put anything with oil or grease on burns, as this will increase the chance of infection and make the burn continue to burn for hours.

Latest posts