Apparently I am an idiot :(

reinbeau

Moderator Extraordinaire
Reaction score
Until you've heard Daisy crow you don't know for sure that it's a roo. Patience, grasshopper - and post a picture here for those of us who might be able to help.

hennypenny9

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
On BYC there are even stories of what people thought were roos, until they laid an egg! Some even tried to crow. :)

Quail_Antwerp

Cold is on the Right, Hot is on The Left
Reaction score
big brown horse said:
My black Australorp crows first thing in the morning and then lays an egg!! :D
:gig That's funny!!!

Aidenbaby

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
You guys are freaking me out with crowing hens. If any of my girls crow, they are out of here. I can't chance the city finding out about my girls.

big brown horse

Hoof In Mouth
Reaction score
When I lived in the city my single frizzle hen began crowing. (This is why I wasn't worried when my Astralorp started doing it.) Anyway, don't worry it is NOTHING like the rooster's crow. It is WAY quieter. I lived in the dead center of the city too right on top of my neighbors, they never heard it. ;)

Dace

Revolution in Progress
Reaction score
TanksHill said:
Thanks Dace. So nice of you to think of me first. So hes an EE?? How old? I might be able to find him a home. I have a roo already with my older hens, and I think I have two coming up in the new batch of sex links. Sooo I will start asking around for you. :D
He/she was hatched on Feb 25...so he is about 14 weeks. No signs of aggression although he/she does seem to be the leader of the pack. I will attempt to post a pic.

Dace

Revolution in Progress
Reaction score
Here we go...first two shots are Daisy. Last shot is Kelly, another EEer, who does not have a comb. I also noticed that Daisy's tail is stubbier, all 5 other chickens have longer tail feathers.

So is Daisy a Dude?
Click on the pic for a larger view.