are they realy going to do this?

SSDreamin

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
There seem to be so many negative's to this, I certainly hope it doesn't happen!

A recent news report said that the new 90 hour government safety course requirement/safety restrictions will end up eliminating 4-H and FFA programs completely. :(

I grumbled all the time about my farm chores growing up, but have been thankful for the work ethic they instilled in me ever since.

elijahboy

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
first they took away spanking YOUR OWN kids

now they want to keep you from making YOUR OWN kids from doing work in the "yard"

next they will not be allowed to do household chores...

i dont think i like the idea of having a government official standing in my house watching me like a hawk because isnt that the only way they would find out..

the funny farm6

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Seems like the goverment wants to make things harder.

FarmerJamie

Mr. Sensitive
Reaction score
I seem to remember discussing this here a while back. I believe this really hits hard locally particularly those kids that hire out to local farmers during hay making season.

From the link provided.
"Under the rules, children under 18 could no longer work in the storing, marketing and transporting of farm product raw materials.

Keep in mind, this is not a "law", it is a regulation written by an un-elected bureaucrat.

rd200

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
In addition to working on our own farm growing up, i also started working off the farm to make some actual $$$ when i was 12. I milked cows for the neighbor for 2 1/2 hrs 4-5 nights/week and then a few years after that when i was 15, my sister whom had her license got a job at a Bigger Dairy, so i went to work with her there and we worked 6 days/week 4-5 hours everynight and went to school during the day and did chores when we got home from school at our family farm. Heck, when i was 17 i was RICH!!! Paid CASH $4000 for my first car and still had $3000 left in my saving acct. At 17 what do you really spend your money on besides new barn clothes, boots, and smokes. (unfortunetly I DID smoke) but anyways, it would really suck if i cant find my son a farm to work on for the summer. He's just shy of 11 now, but im hoping this summer to find him some summer farm work. I personally think that farm work is the best work there is and there is nothing more fufilling than a hard days work and seeing all you accomplished. FFA was the ONLY reason i actually stayed in school. I sucked at everything else, but the FFA and SHOP classes were the best thing I ever learned the whole bazillion years i was in school. Its ashame that most kids these days dont have that upbringing or wont be able to experience the gratification of hard work.
I admit my kid is one of those kids right now. We still are working on finding our country property and when he comes to wrok with me sometimes i just about want to smack him cuz he whines about having to do actual work!!! Yikes.... my sisters and me were taking care of about 200 pigs when I was his age. And our Fair animals too. Our parents were renting a barn to milk cows in and us kids were responsible for all the night chores. thats alot of pigs to feed and clean out everynight. But we did it because that i what we did to pitch in and help out. Im horrified to say im very concerned about my son's work ethic right now.
I certainly dont need the government to take away every one of my rights!!! They are MY kids correct???? Geez............

Cindlady2

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
True, this would be very damaging to our nation as a whole. My kids were brought up doing chores and as soon as they could find paying jobs, they did! Their employes were always very happy with the and when it was time to move on they got great recommendations! My second son worked for one of his teachers over the summer in her food stand. By the time he was 16 he was a manager (the first time she ever gave that title and responsibility to a student!). I think allot had to do with knowing what work was and understanding that you need to work to get what you want. Too many kids have too much handed to them now. Personally, I think for the most part we are raising a bunch of wimps, with no clue how tough the world can be!

Denim Deb

More Precious than Rubies
Reaction score
I had my first job at the age of 8. I was helping my brother deliver papers. I had my own customers, but since I was too young to have my own route, it was under his name. The newspaper office knew, but since no one was complaining, they turned a blind eye to it. (I was too young.) Doubt very much you could get away w/it now.

yourbadd

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Call me what you will but, I can see a movement spearheaded by the powers that be to disable our kids. First, they pump them full of chemicals via vaccines and frankenfood, creating hoards of obese, autistic, ADHD kids which are then pumped full of more chemicals to combat the symptoms of those conditions; then they dumb them down by teaching for the test instead of for greater knowledge;they fill their heads with propaganda like "everyone's a winner" and the phrase "you are entitled to such and such"; then they strip them of any chance they have at learning a skill that will allow them to be dependent on themselves.

There is a growing population of people who are incapable of taking care of themselves and the government likes it that way and for those who are trying to be self sufficient they are working on shutting us down. The DNR is raiding farms and removing or killing livestock. Local governments raiding legally arranged co-ops and arresting folks for buying raw milk. A hungry person faced with homelessness is more willing to do what they're told than someone who can fend for themselves.

This "regulation" that will "protect" poor innocent children from having to be responsible, productive members of society is just another step towards total domination and control of the American people. Willing to face it or not....this is straight up fascism.

Fascism-(noun)-a governmental system led by a dictator having complete power, forcibly suppressing opposition and criticism, regimenting all industry, commerce, etc., and emphasizing an aggressive nationalism and often racism.

Latest posts