Are we a Christian nation

Status
Not open for further replies.

ksalvagno

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
I watched In Touch with Dr Charles Stanley this morning. He had David Barton of Wallbuilders on. David Barton gave a presentation about our founding fathers and how this country was founded on biblical principles. It was very interesting. I just wanted to share and give you the link in case you would be interested in watching it.

http://www.intouch.org/site/c.cnKBIPNuEoG/b.4945473/k.BE35/Home.htm

Just click on David Barton and it should play for you.

Reaction score
Christians would like to think so. IMO our government is not founded on it though. Christians are certainly the majority if asked what religion you are in this country.

okiegirl1

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
I really don't know as a whole, (I'm not very wordly) but we live in the bible belt, so around here it's not "If you go to church?" it's "WHERE do you go to church".

I wish more Christian pricipals were used in government. It seems like there is so much greed. Not to say there's not in "the church", but if people gave more than expected, took less than given and did more to help others, we'd be in a much better place.

FarmerChick

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
no we are not a christian nation. we had this discussion a while back and the founding fathers did not add anything into constitutions about being a christian nation etc. etc.

ahh....too tired to type out the truth from the birth of the nation.

no, I do not believe we are a christian nation at all.

thanks for the share.

okiegirl1

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
FarmerChick said:
no we are not a christian nation. we had this discussion a while back and the founding fathers did not add anything into constitutions about being a christian nation etc. etc.

ahh....too tired to type out the truth from the birth of the nation.

no, I do not believe we are a christian nation at all.

thanks for the share.
Just a little hijack.... :hide

...why so tired, didn't you sleep well?

FarmerChick

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
HA HA HA
No I didn't..LOL
you know Okie...just one of those days..HA HA

farmerlor

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
You might just as well state that we are a white nation as that is how the founding fathers would like to believe this nation started (completely disregarding the indigenous inhabitants) but as you can see things change. The law of the land states that we will govern without regard to religious principles and I truly wish we could do that. It's no one's job to legislate their own religious or moral values for me to follow. In a side note, I'd like to say I'm very happy to see more and more people actually examining their religious beliefs and deciding that they do not in fact believe in the Christian values that are espoused by those supposedly in charge of that religion these days.

ksalvagno

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
I'm sorry. I didn't mean to start a discussion on it. I just wanted to share about the presentation that David Burton did on In Touch. It was interesting to see, at least for me.

Ldychef2k

Survival Chef
Reaction score
Dr. Stanley is one of my favorite Christian teachers, and I look forward to hearing his speaker.

I agree completely that we were established as a Christian nation. The mess we are in now is because we have gotten away from that heritage in order to appease those who hate and deny our God.

We shall be judged for that, unless we heed 2Chronicles 7:14: If my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then will I hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and will heal their land.

Blackbird

Goat Whisperer
Reaction score
Ldychef2k said:
I agree completely that we were established as a Christian nation. The mess we are in now is because we have gotten away from that heritage in order to appease those who hate and deny our God.
The 'mess' we are in now is NOT because we have gotten away from that heritage, in my opinion, it is because of the diversity, not that I call would call it a mess. How many people in this nation (a country that was not Christian to begin with) have immigrated from countries who do NOT believe in Christianity. If, we indeed, were founded on Christianity (which I do not believe) are you saying that we should have converted everyone and cast out those who did not believe?

http://nobeliefs.com/Tripoli.htm

Status
Not open for further replies.